Seattle

1 minute ago, FlyingAg14 said:

Also since your an Aggie you should join the Western Washington A&M group on Facebook.  We have football watch parties in SLU during the fall and try to have happy hours in different spots around downtown once a month. 

Thanks!  Sent the request to join.

A friend has an SR22 at a BFI hangar and is paying $980/month all in.  This is more typical of what I've heard from others. $1500 seems high but perhaps there are some.  Of course either is expensive.  Tie downs range from $125-250 depending on location.  Putting cost aside, I would give BFI consideration.  It is hugely convenient if you are living in Seattle and don't forget that Seattle road traffic can really ruin your plans sometimes.  I've been at BFI for about 10 years.  I know some have the view that it is not GA friendly but I haven't experienced that.  There is some GA training and it is certainly busy but I can't think of a single bad experience I've had with the controllers there.  I live in North Seattle near the UW.  If I wasn't at BFI, I would probably be at PAE.  Less convenient but definitely cheaper.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with you settling into the PNW Aviation community.  If you happen to be on FB, there is a huge GA group called FATPNW (Flights Above the Pacific North West) that is very social and organizes a lot of events.

Trevor

• Like 1

On 6/16/2018 at 10:21 AM, Diesel 10 said:

A friend has an SR22 at a BFI hangar and is paying $980/month all in.  This is more typical of what I've heard from others. $1500 seems high but perhaps there are some.  Of course either is expensive.  Tie downs range from $125-250 depending on location.  Putting cost aside, I would give BFI consideration.  It is hugely convenient if you are living in Seattle and don't forget that Seattle road traffic can really ruin your plans sometimes.  I've been at BFI for about 10 years.  I know some have the view that it is not GA friendly but I haven't experienced that.  There is some GA training and it is certainly busy but I can't think of a single bad experience I've had with the controllers there.  I live in North Seattle near the UW.  If I wasn't at BFI, I would probably be at PAE.  Less convenient but definitely cheaper.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with you settling into the PNW Aviation community.  If you happen to be on FB, there is a huge GA group called FATPNW (Flights Above the Pacific North West) that is very social and organizes a lot of events.

Trevor

Thanks Trevor.  $980/mo is still expensive, but more tolerable..maybe just temporarily until I get in at PAE.  I think I'll try the unenclosed at Auburn for the summer, enclosed at Auburn (sublease) for the winter, then try to get in at BFI until getting in at PAE.

I'm currently based at an airport that I wouldn't necessarily consider GA friendly...so I don't think that would bother me (assuming I can swing the hangar).  I've probably purchased gas at AUS 4 or 5 times total since I've been there in 4 years.  It's inconvenient planning around overpaying for gas, but that's still better than a long commute to the airport (imo).

I've already joined FATPNW.  Looking forward to getting plugged in once I'm in town.

Thanks again.