JPI 730/830 *SOLD*

I can sell this as either an upgrade or a full install package:

upgrade: $1000

display, firmware v 3.43, with Pilots Guide

will include OAT(1220), MAP (604010), Floscan 201B and oil temperature sensors.

Note: I’m waiting on a plug, so oil temperature probe is still attached to the engine, may be a couple of weeks. 

full install package: $1600

in addition

3 CHT bayonet probes, 1 spark plug gasket probe and 1 factory gasket probe (goes under factory CHT probe).

4 EGT probes

wiring harnesses P1-P4, EGT/FF toggle switch 

The EGT, bayonet CHT, and OAT probes are brand new.

Only missing oil pressure and RPM sensors.

EFDBFB51-9793-4066-8A54-5024E7FA8AF9.jpeg

I might be interested in this.  I have an EDM 700 but for the TCM TSIO-360 with sensors (6-cyl) already installed.  I wonder what it will take for JPI to make this see the other 2 cylinders?

I would need to get my own RPM sensor since I have the Impulse (Pressurized) Slick mags. Hmmm....

Look up the model number.

Confirm that it can handle six cylinders.

The JPI will recognize the six probes when it is turned on.

Somebody explained this around here the other day....

PP thoughts only.

Best regards,

-a-

Are you saying the model number other than the “JPI 830”?

I had also read that - plugging in the extra sensors just lights them up on the display but I’d like confirmation on that first. Wish I had a display to try as the harnesses should be plug-n-play.

Bryan,

You have a great question...

https://www.jpinstruments.com/shop/edm-8301/

There is more to the model number than the 830... it will be extra data after the 830...

The web page indicates that there is an extra number for 4, 6, 8, 9 and TIT...

@Aerodon is our MS JPI tech guru.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Yes the 730/830/4/6 is all the same display.  It will recognize the transducers installed, and forget the FF transducer if you don't have the FF switch installed.  It will recognize 4/6 cylinders automatically, but you have to set the #cylinders so that RPM reads correctly. 

Aerodon

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Aerodon said:

Yes the 730/830/4/6 is all the same display.  It will recognize the transducers installed, and forget the FF transducer if you don't have the FF switch installed.  It will recognize 4/6 cylinders automatically, but you have to set the #cylinders so that RPM reads correctly. 

Aerodon

Today, I don’t have a FF switch. It does me no good to add FF then? Or can the switch be added?

B, expect to be able to add FF at a later time....

FF is such a core piece of modern engine information, you would see many complaints if it couldn’t be added...

What Don is saying...  the JPI recognizes some things, but requires a setting change for other things...  

Another thing JPI does for some changes... require a send back to the factory...  this is has been needed when the user changes the type of Fuel level sensors he is using... or getting a firmware update...

Working with JPI can be a drag for some people.  But, they haven’t left anyone in an insurmountable lurch, yet....

PP thoughts only...

Best regards,

-a-