Nose gear doors needed G or F model

Hey Guys, my 1968 G model gear collapsed on rollout in slow motion (Manual gear down-lock  "J" bar came out of socket). Does anyone know where I can find a pair of nose gear doors. And yes, I am feeling pretty sick at the moment.. Thanks.

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear your challenges, ACDC...

We have two resources for used parts...

@Alan Fox and @acpartswhse

And the place for new parts... where you want to check in for the lock block that is the usual reason for gear collapse... @LASAR

Another thing to be aware of is something called the thumbnail test... for testing for the gear being locked.  There are a few threads that cover these things.  

you are not alone...  at MS, your never alone!   :)

Best regards,

-a-

Thank you CARUSOAM,  I will send a text to these gentlemen to see how my luck is doing can't get any worst. I will let you know what failed, if anything shows up after the inspection. By the way I do have the LASAR block installed for 3 years by now, beats me...

• Like 1

I might have a Hartzell  HC-C2YK-1BF  "B" hub With less than 300 hours since new for sale If I can't find good blades. Thinking on Top Prop STC/Mod as alternative. Man this is going to be expensive :huh:.  

I have a set of very nice nose gear doors from a 1968 F model.  I had planned to keep them but I may be convinced to sell.

You can contact me at (617) 877-0025 or e-mail me at john.breda@gmail.com

Thanks,

John Breda