Accidents happen on the ramp as well

I pulled into the ramp at Niagara Falls (KIAG) this morning and found this parked in front of me.  I didn’t see it happen but I can guess the sequence of events.  Tail numbers have been masked to protect the innocent.  Not to disparage our ‘Bo brothers but I’m glad it wasn’t a Mooney!  Be safe out there, a good day can quickly turn ugly.

CE6EBE4B-413D-4BFA-98CD-578A251EBEA5.jpeg

74D6CA0D-8774-49B3-BF23-3A33D384C7EB.jpeg

A2A47AB2-89A3-45A3-A89F-775C7CF340F9.jpeg

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, carusoam said:

On a big screen...  looks like scrape marks and insulation escaping from the side of the large plane...

Something similar to prop gashes....(?)

Looks like an expensive day...

-a-

The prop on the Bonanza was definitely turning.  The line guy said it just missed some O2 lines in the back of the King Air.

pretty painful to look at considering thats a brand new 2014 g36 and a new king air. found these pictures online. looks like it happened 5 or 6 days ago.

31416917_1785629294832230_2121047999739068416_n.jpg

Edited by Niko182

41 minutes ago, Mark89114 said:

But if we outlaw props only criminals will have props.....

This is clearly a problem with the left wing.    Or is it the right, I'm not sure...    ;) 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, EricJ said:

This is clearly a problem with the left wing.    Or is it the right, I'm not sure...    ;) 

It's the left wing of one and the right wing of the other!  :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hank said:

I dunno . . . They still need tow planes, don't they?

Funny you mention gliders. We have a glider club on our field and have had a couple incidents recently involving them. No metal on fiberglass but clearly conflicts.

2 hours ago, xcrmckenna said:

We will have to set them up with a slingshot launcher. Props are the problem!!!!

It is my right to be able to propel myself.  Not wait for the community launcher to be available.  :-)

• Haha 1