Unidentified white tubing

There is white tubing, approx 3/4" inch running along starboard side behind panels. Looks like large ice maker hose. It is on the wrong side of the tubing. 

Any ideas?

thanks

231SM,

Go ahead and proof read what you wrote..?

Somebody May know your answer.  If they can understand your question...

Then again, A Yetti has been proven to be multi-talented...

• Which panels? Instrument? Or cabin, side panels....
  • Tubing, on the wrong side of the tubing....

I’m trying as hard as I can to be helpful... :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Water-cooled radios were a thing in the 60s and 70s. Perhaps why so many Mooney Pilot’s are so concerned about radio access, beucause they’re always replacing water damaged radios. It’s like a self-eating watermelon. 

Edited by jetdriven

8 hours ago, RLCarter said:

My guess is with @N201MKTurbo  if starboard is left, panels are the side panels and the wrong side of the tubing is the steel tubing

Starboard is Right side and Port is left. Remember this:

Sailor left red port wine on the deck.

2 hours ago, Igor_U said:

Starboard is Right side and Port is left. Remember this:

Sailor left red port wine on the deck.

or left and port have the same number of letters.....   and then there is red right returning.... but I digress

OK guys Sorry to be so brief. Here is a pic

I am doing some interior work and have all the interior panels off. This white ice make looking tubing is obviously distinct in it's appearance that it is whiter. The tubing comes from the inst panel along the RIGHT side and then down below under the rear seat via a factory looking gourmet. The routing is stupid because it is on the occupant side of the aircraft 4130. Identifying it could  mean I can re-rout it so the side panel does not bulge. 

Sorry to be so brief. I am on all out crunch to get interior done for a lot of reasons. 

I am relatively new. Doing a MSN get together this year for OSH?

20180501_201857.thumb.jpg.4d0d694c6bce68df0a728829e8e8d8e8.jpg

• Like 1

What do you have on the radio rack in the Tail cone?

Common in the 60s...

Do you have a vacuum operated step?  The source of the vacuum comes from up front... called an engine driven vacuum pump.

Common in the 60s, 70s & 80s

A static line running from the tail cone.  You will see a tee where it connects to the two ports on the sides.  Modern systems have a drain, older, just a dead leg...

Common in the 90s...

Do you have a back-up vacuum source?   An electric motor connected to a vacuum pump.

open the side panel and look in there.  The same plastic tubing will be there as well...

PP guesses only. Not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

13 hours ago, Yetti said:

or left and port have the same number of letters.....   and then there is red right returning.... but I digress

I remember it the easy way at least for me.

Short words vs long words.

- left, red, port

- right, green, starboard

Or if you want to go back to the 50s: being “POSH” 

port out, starboard home .... that’s assuming leaving europe for a trip to the colonies, you have a cabin facing south getting the sun each way

I would say that a previous owner put in some tubing with a pull wire to make it easier to add new wires for additional equipment without having to remove the side panels again.  I did this to my old 63C back in the early 90's.  Just a little Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Pritch

My M20K 231 has the same tubing.  No idea what it was for.  Mine did have the electric vacuum pump which was likely installed behind the cabin — maybe left over from that.  Honestly, I assumed it may have been put there to have something to tie wires to.

No idea why, but probably something from the factory if that makes you feel any better.

The top translucent looks to be static or vacuum line.  But I believe on the F the static line goes along the pilots side.   The lower clear vinyl tubing is not static or vacuum as it would collapse under vacuum.   best bet is to open up the battery access and see where they end up.  Do you have any radios or transponders in the batter access area?