Holy Yikes!

3 hours ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

Erik,

ALL OF US THINK about doing something new or different things based on another person's experience.  If you DON'T KNOW, then you NEED TO KNOW, this wasn't a post intending to question you.  I have done the same thing a hundred times in my life, saw a good piece of advice requiring some work on my end to accomplish it, and life and 100 other things got in the way before I did it.  There's no better example than the CO Monitors.  I read and heard a ton of stories on CO dangers, yet never acted on it until we almost lost a Mooney friend just over a year ago.  Not because I didn't believe it was worth the cost or time to get one, but because it just didn't work it's way up my priority list.

My intention now is for OTHERS to consider taking several of our scary experiences and ACT upon procedures that could very well prevent them from posting in a couple years the same experience you and I have had.

Tom

Hi Tom,  I wonder if you thought my tone was annoyed - if it was not at you but I am only annoyed at myself for having followed my intentions when I was reading and so interested in your advice as of 2015.  As you said - life gets away from us despite best intentions.

The power of a forum like this is to help us to each be better pilots based on our shared experience.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hank said:

We're all watching out for you now . . . . . 

Thanks!  I'll be easy to spot from the ground since I'll be the airplane with the little Pi-symbol instead of a decimal point between the 3 and the 1. 

IMG_2196.jpg

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

Thanks!  I'll be easy to spot from the ground since I'll be the airplane with the little Pi-symbol instead of a decimal point between the 3 and the 1. 

Oh, look, there is a teeny, tiny one there!! Cool! You do realize you could have had N31415, which was deregistered. Didn't think to check the 3.1416 rounded-off version, since I figured a math guy would appreciate the truncated number more (to me, it's always 3.141592654 as a decent approximation).

And please, please, dear God please, NEVER post the first million digits again! Or anything that's a significant fraction thereof. I'm not totally heartless, you may express your love for Pi to as much as a single full line of text; for more than that, please visit your local Mathematical Forum rather than your friendly, local Mooney Forum  :P

Edited by Hank
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Hank said:

Oh, look, there is a teeny, tiny one there!! Cool! You do realize you could have had N31415, which was deregistered. Didn't think to check the 3.1416 rounded-off version, since I figured a math guy would appreciate the truncated number more (to me, it's always 3.141592654 as a decent approximation).

And please, please, dear God please, NEVER post the first million digits again! Or anything that's a significant fraction thereof. I'm not totally heartless, you may express your love for Pi to as much as a single full line of text; for more than that, please visit your local Mathematical Forum rather than your friendly, local Mooney Forum  :P

:-). Yes - everyone got mad when I posted a million digits of Pi.  N31415... is not enough.  So meh - I figure EB for Erik Bollt to punctuate the finite approximation.

• Like 2

So thank you Dan for taking me to n68. Flew her around.  Somehow Turns out this story involves tacos Tuesday - marelton, nj...

crazy time one we really are upside down.

FF113A06-2C71-4DEB-8F3D-2CCE1CC44EEE.jpeg

Edited by aviatoreb

He said you stacked some mags in the beech to sway his thinking...

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2015/january/pilot/t_ql

https://pasturepilot.wordpress.com/2013/12/27/flying-the-harpoon/

Reciprocating engines aren’t safe enough below 16,500’.  :)

Go Turbine!

I need to ask our Mooney marketing friend... where’s the Turbine Mooney project?

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

So how did you end up there? Circling vulture looking for another Mooney to cut apart? You murderer! emoji88.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I shadowed Erik as a chase plane after the repair at N68 and he took it to Weber at LNS for an inspection of the repair.  The person performing the repair was both unfamiliar with Mooney’s and the Mooney Rocket is the tightest under the cowl.  He seemed very competent.

So Erik has chosen to have the work inspected by an MSC so he doesn’t end up with a cracked something else or other failure I  50 hours to due to bolt incorrectly torqued, etc . . .

We got there too late yesterday at LNS to have the inspection occur yesterday.  I needed to pick up a part from Alan at VAY, so I asked Erik if he wanted to join (he was going to stay the night at LNS anyway) and said yes.  Once we got to VAY Alan suggested taco Tuesday night nearby, which was GREAT!!  

So now we are going to organize a Taco Tuesday night at VAY (nearby) sometime soon - watch for the thread once it’s announced.

Alan flew Erik back to LNS in his V Tail Bonanza.  So yesterday, Eric flew  in a Bravo, Rocket, Missile, and V-Tail Bonanza.  

-Seth

Edited by Seth
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Seth said:

I shadowed Erik as a chase plane after the repair at N68 and he took it to Weber at LNS for an inspection of the repair.  The person performing the repair was both unfamiliar with Mooney’s and the Mooney Rocket is the tightest under the cowl.  He seemed very competent.

So Erik has chosen to have the work inspected by an MSC so he doesn’t end up with a cracked something else or other failure I  50 hours to due to bolt incorrectly torqued, etc . . .

We got there too late yesterday at LNS to have the inspection occur yesterday.  I needed to pick up a part from Alan at VAY, so I asked Erik if he wanted to join (he was going to stay the night at LNS anyway) and said yes.  Once we got to VAY Alan suggested taco Tuesday night nearby, which was GREAT!!  

So now we are going to organize a Taco Tuesday night at VAY (nearby) sometime soon - watch for the thread once it’s announced.

Alan flew Erik back to LNS in his V Tail Bonanza.  So yesterday, Eric flew  in a Bravo, Rocket, Missile, and V-Tail Bonanza.  

-Seth

Taco Tuesday!

As hard as I tried - I was not able to also get an L39 yesterday.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, carusoam said:

He said you stacked some mags in the beech to sway his thinking...

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2015/january/pilot/t_ql

https://pasturepilot.wordpress.com/2013/12/27/flying-the-harpoon/

Reciprocating engines aren’t safe enough below 16,500’.  :)

Go Turbine!

I need to ask our Mooney marketing friend... where’s the Turbine Mooney project?

Best regards,

-a-

I love that turbine bonanza.  I wish turbine were reasonable for a Mooney - I mean some kind of tiny turbine with similar fuel flows - just for the reliability reasons - I don't care if it were faster.  Not to open up some kind of debate - just day dreaming.  Yes yes I know all about the fuel specifics and all that which make small turbines not so reasonable - but Im day dreaming so I can day dream anything I want!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Seth said:

-Seth

That was you up there in the other Mooney Seth, I stayed on the ground until he departed N68 then went to ilg when he was on base at lns...cool, I should have landed except he tired me out,

• Like 2

13 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

She’s home - copilot bear is pushing her back into the hangar while I type this..

IMG_2239.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

E. Did you finally wash him, I got the Ny,Pa De dirt off last night

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danb said:

That was you up there in the other Mooney Seth, I stayed on the ground until he departed N68 then went to ilg when he was on base at lns...cool, I should have landed except he tired me out,

Thanks Dan!

And Thanks Seth!

5 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

awesome news Erik, congrats on getting her home.  glad all are well and that Co-pilot bear is doinghis job.  Tell him HB says hello  :)  HB.BMP

Please tell HB and maybe also Paddington Bear that next time Co-Pilot is in London he wants to have a Bear-fly-in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...