Holy Yikes!

Just now, DanM20C said:

It’s, there. It even shows you circle 3 times, maybe 4, it’s hard to tell.  It’s definitely one you’re going to want to save! 

Again, well done sir! Glad you passed today’s test!

cheers,

Dan

Well - just goes to show my memory isn't fully in tact - I remember a whole bunch of turns and it taking longer than I wanted to come down.  Only 4 eh? But it won't view on my machine - would you screen clip it for me?  Maybe pm it to me?

Just now, aviatoreb said:

Well - just goes to show my memory isn't fully in tact - I remember a whole bunch of turns and it taking longer than I wanted to come down.  Only 4 eh? But it won't view on my machine - would you screen clip it for me?  Maybe pm it to me?

There may be more,  Sometimes flightaware tracks get lost at lower altitudes.

Dan

5CC2E81A-B585-4897-A25D-16B301D4C29C.png

• Like 1

Well done, Erik! You certainly passed today's pop quiz! Looking forward to hearing what the mechanic finds and hopefully you can get back in the air with minimal disruption.

Enjoy the rest of your night and a good night's sleep.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, DanM20C said:

There may be more,  Sometimes flightaware tracks get lost at lower altitudes.

Dan

5CC2E81A-B585-4897-A25D-16B301D4C29C.png

What tool is that?

This flight is just not showing up on my own flight aware feed either on this computer or on my cell.  Strange!  Anyway - there it is - 

You have to be logged in to flight aware to see position only flights.  Log in and I think you will be able to see it.  At least that worked for me.  And well done on the dead stick landing!!!

Edited by skydvrboy

6 minutes ago, skydvrboy said:

You have to be logged in to flight aware to see position only flights.  Log in and I think you will be able to see it.  At least that worked for me.  And well done on the dead stick landing!!!

I'm logged in - its not working.

Thanks!!!!!

49 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

Where did you see that?  I looked on flight aware and this flight is not appearing.  Which surprised me because I was talking and also ADSB equipped.

I saw it when I put your tail number in flightaware. I am on my way out to dinner here in HNL. I will look it up later if someone has not beat me to it. 

4 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

Holly Beggezuzzz!  I'm still shaking....

I will fill in later...but I just had a full loss of power at 16500...and made an immediate emergency landing - luckily on a nice smooth runway...N68.  New paint job is still in tact.  Also - I'm not dead.  Both good things.  I'm just shaking - and I'm now at a nearby hotel - Im going out for sushi...and saki!

Second engines come in handy sometimes. Just sayin'

When you login to Flight Aware, in the settings... you can show "position only flights":

Nice write-up and glad you are okay.  I just practiced a steep spiral yesterday to a power-off 180 in prep for my CPL checkride. 

aware.PNG

4 minutes ago, Bryan said:

When you login to Flight Aware, in the settings... you can show "position only flights":

Nice write-up and glad you are okay.  I just practiced a steep spiral yesterday to a power-off 180 in prep for my CPL checkride. 

aware.PNG

Thanks!  That fixed it!

Good luck on your check ride - its all good stuff.  steep spiral turn!

Signs that you have logged in... flightaware.

Your screen name will appear at the top left corner of the flightaware screen.

Clicking on that will show all the settings for your account.

Be sure to select the button that says show position-only flights....

Allow some time for...

• likes to get refreshed
  • Flightaware account to get refreshed
  • luck to get refreshed

If at the airport in the morning, be on the look out for...

• where the oil pressure was being read...
  • the current oil level
  • If the oil is missing.. check the exhaust pipe for signs of excess oil.  The turbo seal may have allowed the oil out...

Expect one of the oddities of a TCd engine.  If the turbo dies or its air plumbing leaks, the compression ratio may not support the ignition of the fuel until below a particular altitude...  plus/minus of TC compared to TN

Does your JPI record MP and TIT?  OilP and CDT? This data will help point out issues related to the turbo...

Things to look for tomorrow, not guessing what happened yet.  There will be time for that later...

Best regards,

-a-

Very glad to hear you are safely on the ground. I was one of the pilots of the regional jet that flew past your left wing as you came through 15,000 feet. Initially we were heading toward each other, but ATC vectored us out of your way. We could see you on TCAS and then very clearly see you out the window as we got closer. We could hear you talking to ATC. You may have heard me. Eventually we had to change frequencies and focus on our arrival, so I didn’t know the outcome of your flight till tonight. I kept hoping you were OK and I had a feeling you were. The controller was so helpful, and you had all that altitude and a clear sky, with a suitable airport below. I am happy to find you online and know you are safe. Great job tonight!

Kate

• Like 18

Wow.  Erik, way to stay cool and manage through it.   Consider me in the long line of folks that are "very happy to see you" (even if only virtual and online).

"A Workman That Needeth Not to be Ashamed"

Edited by Seymour