Daytona Beach Aircraft Services

On 4/29/2018 at 3:18 AM, M20Doc said:

Very nice panel, only one comment.  In your fifth picture they have routed the JPI wires with the ignition wires, something JPI says you shouldn’t do.

Clarence

I noticed this as well - which is disappointing since it results in noisey temperature indications. 

I see it's already fixed too!!

Edited by kortopates

• 2 weeks later...

On my March visit to Spruce Creek I noticed the fuel strainer dripping on the hangar floor so pulled it apart to see what was up.  One of the o-rings was leaking so went over to the Daytona A.S.'s shop on Spruce Creek and the guy working there looked through his o-rings, then looked up the proper part number for me (my parts manual was in Michigan).  He didn't have it in his shop but called the Daytona shop and had them look for it and then had them set it out for me to pick up.  He spent a good 15 minutes helping me (I'm a shop owner so understand the cost involved here and even offered to just forget it).  I drove up to the shop in Daytona and they got me the part, processed the sale in a clerks office, and had me on my way in short order.  I was impressed with their commitment to help their customers, even ones looking for a lowly $5 o-ring. 

I just missed Jake as he was going out into the shop as I finished my transaction and said I would like to say hi to him.  They let me in the shop to do that but he disappeared so quick I felt uncomfortable just walking around so headed back to Spruce Creek with parts to get my airplane fixed to fly back to Michigan.  Jake doesn't know me but has my respect for what I've seen him do with Mooney's (and how professionally he's handled some of the flack from a few of our posters).  I can see why he posts little on this forum anymore.

Tom

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...