Mooney.com Website Update

Update on this thread:

Unfortunately, this newbie was editing a response to a user's post on this thread, and he accidentally deleted everything : (  I want to thank everyone for their input and thoughtful ideas.  I received a great deal of very valuable information.  Please feel free to continue posting in this new thread if you see anything you'd like to mention regarding the new Mooney.com.

Lance

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Glad the gear is fully up and stowed now!:)  Looks great.

The Mooney logo in the upper left doesn't show correctly in Firefox.  I just pulled up Internet Explorer and it displays correctly there. 

Cheers,

Dan

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lance Phillips said:

Update on this thread:

Unfortunately, this newbie was editing a response to a user's post on this thread, and he accidentally deleted everything : (  I want to thank everyone for their input and thoughtful ideas.  I received a great deal of very valuable information.  Please feel free to continue posting in this new thread if you see anything you'd like to mention regarding the new Mooney.com.

Lance

Way to go, Lance!

You really didn’t have to go that far to demonstrate your awesome human skills...:)

A few things I was looking for in the site improvement list...

1) A Mobile I-device friendly version of the site.

2) reName the shop button to the ‘pilot shop’ button... I want to send some traffic towards the shirts and paraphernalia area...

3) Update The list of MSCs with modern detail including their websites and emails.

4) We want to be able to find them when he have issues while out on the Victor Highway.

5) Going forwards, Gumps, Gumps, Gumps... you are now free to move about the country....  :)

We might be able to see if there is a back-up copy of this thread, if interested.  Note: @mooniac58

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Way to go, Lance!

You really didn’t have to go that far to demonstrate your awesome human skills...:)

2) reName the shop button to the ‘pilot shop’ button... I want to send some traffic towards the shirts and paraphernalia area...

3) Update The list of MSCs with modern detail including their websites and emails.

4) We want to be able to find them when he have issues while out on the Victor Highway.

5) Going forwards, Gumps, Gumps, Gumps... you are now free to move about the country....  :)

We might be able to see if there is a back-up copy of this thread, if interested.  Note: @mooniac58

Best regards,

-a-

Sorry - as I was telling Lance in private discussion there is no way to resurrect deleted content short of an entire site roll-back of the site from a backup 24+ hours old.  The EU has created this new thing called GDPR which requires us to permanently delete all data from users when they opt to delete it.  This includes personal data and all content they might create and want deleted.  Even restoring that backup I could be in some sort of violation of the GDPR.

Our forums (IPBoard) are fully GDPR compliant so if you delete anything here, including your account all information is perma-wiped.

I don't make the rules - I am just forced to follow them or pay a 20,000,000 EUR fine!  Welcome to the new world order, under the rule of global law ;)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, carusoam said:

Way to go, Lance!

Best regards,

-a-

Thank you!  Already connected with @mooniac58 : (

On 4/28/2018 at 3:02 PM, DanM20C said:

Glad the gear is fully up and stowed now!:)  Looks great.

The Mooney logo in the upper left doesn't show correctly in Firefox.  I just pulled up Internet Explorer and it displays correctly there. 

Cheers,

Dan

Thank you.  We are working the Firefox issue.

7 hours ago, Awful_Charlie said:

Hi Lance

Not sure if you got my thoughts on the previous thread, but any chance of getting the SB/SI list in an easily copyable/downloadable way to include the last update date of each?

Ben

I received your thoughts, Ben.  We are working it with the developers.  Not sure if/when your suggestion could be implemented, but we are working it.  Thank you for all the great ideas!

• Like 1

I’ll reiterate what I said before. I’m really happy to see you guys reaching out to the Mooney community here. It seems like there has been a disconnect to a certain extent with Mooney Inc. from those of us passionate about these planes, the history, and the present. Thanks again for reaching out!  Website is looking a lot better too btw.

The best thing is we will talk up Mooney for free, because talk is cheap and most of us are CBs. More on that later.

I also personally really like the new paint scheme for the Ovation that was recently featured  in AOPA.  It really brings out the lines of the airframe. I attached a pic of one of the alternate purchase choices too just for kicks. Good luck and please keep us posted.

DA151A2E-A2E8-466E-84BD-BE983137235E.jpeg

8A2ADF6C-40CF-46B2-84DF-CBCAC1E845F5.jpeg

• Like 2

On 4/30/2018 at 9:08 AM, Lance Phillips said:

I received your thoughts, Ben.  We are working it with the developers.  Not sure if/when your suggestion could be implemented, but we are working it.  Thank you for all the great ideas!

Lance, just called the number listed under the Support section of the website (below)

It directed me to literally minutes of automated sales pitches Auto Roadside Assistance, Gift Vouchers, and other crap and I gave up without ever getting to a human being.  What on earth is going on there?!

On 4/30/2018 at 4:14 PM, INA201 said:

I’ll reiterate what I said before. I’m really happy to see you guys reaching out to the Mooney community here. It seems like there has been a disconnect to a certain extent with Mooney Inc. from those of us passionate about these planes, the history, and the present. Thanks again for reaching out!  Website is looking a lot better too btw.

The best thing is we will talk up Mooney for free, because talk is cheap and most of us are CBs. More on that later.

I also personally really like the new paint scheme for the Ovation that was recently featured  in AOPA.  It really brings out the lines of the airframe. I attached a pic of one of the alternate purchase choices too just for kicks. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Thank you so much!

23 hours ago, pwnel said:

Lance, just called the number listed under the Support section of the website (below)

It directed me to literally minutes of automated sales pitches Auto Roadside Assistance, Gift Vouchers, and other crap and I gave up without ever getting to a human being.  What on earth is going on there?!

Okay, thank you.  We are working to update the phone service.  I just called and got to a human instantly, but I do know we have had quite a few bad experiences.

8 hours ago, Lance Phillips said:

Okay, thank you.  We are working to update the phone service.  I just called and got to a human instantly, but I do know we have had quite a few bad experiences.

The number shown under the "support" section of the site is wrong  (the 6 and 5 are flipped).  Have a close look at the screenshot above :-) 

So if you're browsing from your phone, and clicking directly on the number to call it, you'll get the spam service and not Mooney Inc.   (Calling the correct number works just fine with some friendly and helpful folks on the other end thanks!)

Edited by pwnel
update
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, pwnel said:

The number shown under the "support" section of the site is wrong  (the 6 and 5 are flipped).  Have a close look at the screenshot above :-) 

So if you're browsing from your phone, and clicking directly on the number to call it, you'll get the spam service and not Mooney Inc.   (Calling the correct number works just fine with some friendly and helpful folks on the other end thanks!)

Oh my gosh, just changed the number.  Thank you so much, appreciate your explanation.

Lance,

You are going to find the power of MS shows up in many splendid ways...

Both supportive to the new owner, as well as the well seasoned owner, of both new and not so new Mooneys...  :)

We all fly through the same air, on the same laminar airfoil, with the same passion.

There just happens to be so many more of us flying with the older airframes...

Speed, efficiency and safety for all.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

1 minute ago, carusoam said:

Lance,

You are going to find the power of MS shows up in many splendid ways...

Both supportive to the new owner, as well as the well seasoned owner, of both new and not so new Mooneys...  :)

We all fly through the same air, on the same laminar airfoil, with the same passion.

There just happens to be so many more of us flying on the older airframes...

Speed, efficiency and safety for all.

Best regards,

-a-

Yes, my friends; I am, too, a Mooney pilot.  Physics don't change (at least not that I know of : )).  There is passion here, and the support is appreciated.  I remember when I was 4 or 5 years old, my dad said, "hey, this is special, it's a Mooney."  That has stuck -- Fly fast, brothers and sisters.

• Like 4