ISO Sidewinder towbar

I have one I will sell.  A sidewinder that is, as pictured above.  I got it recently but somehow Im still using my gas powered unit which I am just used to and I like.  So there it sits in my hangar not being used much and I guess I don't need two tows.  Its in great shape.  Make me an offer I can’t refuse.

You’re killing me....:) wish you had seen my post two weeks ago....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t want to muddy the waters, but I also have a Redline Sidewinder that I am willing to sell. I ordered it a couple months ago but just haven’t used it like I thought I would. These things are extremely well constructed. It works well and is in excellent condition. I’ll include the carry bag. PM me if interested. 2F6077A6-120B-4D1F-9DD4-C63CB8044B3D.thumb.jpeg.8b84bd384bd00a0b99d1b0d260eeda76.jpeg9049A245-F356-4C37-AB1A-71A2BB279E08.thumb.jpeg.253ec3141a333d0dc5cfedba411af1e8.jpeg64C9B25A-B03F-47A6-8B5C-6F81EC4E9020.thumb.jpeg.b69e6d54544b4c4c405672d84044c273.jpeg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jaylw314 said:

@mooneyman @aviatoreb You guys are killing me :P I just pitched in last night

I'm sorry.  I wasn't following this thread, and anyway I sort of just decided on a whim.  If no one buys it I will just keep it.  Sometimes I get in a mood I just buy the coolest things even if I have something that already works, my power tow. And sometimes I get in a mood that I look at all of my junk and I want to downsize a bit.  That's the mood that just struck me.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:23 PM, exM20K said:

Ok - here's how it will work:

Contact Linn via email info@redlineaviation.com.  Tell him you're part of the mooney group purchase.  Once he gets five, he'll start making them.

-dan

Order Submitted! I hope I'm not too late...

On 5/23/2018 at 12:48 AM, xcrmckenna said:

It’s crazy, I can’t see how they sell enough at $1,700 to justify a price increase.

They’re certainly expensive but there aren’t many options for a light weight tug you can take with you.

Manufacturing cost doesn’t drive pricing, but just a datapoint- the Milwaukee right angle drill that drives the tug is a $400 retail piece of equipment. There’s a lot of engineering that goes into each model.  The price tag is really high, but I wouldn’t bet the owner is generating a bunch of profit as I would bet it’s a low volume product. 

Edited by smccray

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:40 PM, exM20K said:

The manufacturer will discount the $1675 list price to $1525 plus shipping if I can get five ordered.

He also told me they are putting up a new website with online ordering, and there will be a price increase in the next few weeks. 

-de

I would like one if I can still get it at this price point. I've emailed Linn, but so far, no response...

After ten days Linn finally responded to my email wanting my contact and payment info. I told him after not hearing from him I went another route.

I asked him if he would still honor the discount to the other orders, since his shop couldn’t take the time to send a confirmation email. He said no, it was a misunderstanding so the deal was off.

Our emails went further and he said it was a mistake on his part and a bad idea from the start.

His emails seem very pointed and I took them as I should have been sitting around waiting to give him money.

Right now I feel it’s a shame he has designed such a useful product.

Anyone that is still interested in getting a Sidewinder I would have@lancecasper order you one. His discount is only a few dollars more than Linn was offering and there isn’t a minimum order to place.

• Like 1

i called and ordered one from him in October of 2014 and was told it would be 6 weeks - I still went ahead and ordered and he charged my AMEX immediately. When six weeks came and went I emailed and never got a response. I found one for sale by owner so I bought it and called to cancel.  I had to fight to get a credit on my card from him. Great product, never had a problem with it, but it's a one man operation. The fact that Aircraft Spruce actually stocks them makes it worth ordering from them. I’ve tried a lot of different towing solutions for a Mooney and the sidewinder is still the best all around solution.

• Like 1

SOLD!

I recently sold my Ovation2, so I have a used Sidewinder for sale that I have no use for anymore.  It is about 3 years old but still works like new.  Battery life is still very good and lasts for about 4 pull-out/push-in round trips on a single charge depending on distance and slope.  I have the charger and all the components, but no travel bag was included when I bought mine.  Aircraft Spruce has the bags for about $55 and their price for a new Sidewinder is $1675.  This unit is a real back-saver, especially if you have even a small incline to navigate.  Location is KGTU - Georgetown, TX.  Shipping cost would depend on your location and how quickly you want it.  Shipping weight about 25 lbs.  Make me an offer I can't refuse. 

IMG_0676.JPG

IMG_0677.JPG

IMG_0678.JPG

Edited by DaveC
Item sold.