ISO Sidewinder towbar

On 5/4/2018 at 4:27 PM, DaV8or said:

Any of you guys that actually do end up getting a Sidewinder, I suggest you do this mod I came up with. Remove the Allen bolt that is in the clamp that secures the drill motor to the drive tube and replace it with a handle screw and a bushing. These things are available from places industrial supply places like McMaster Carr. This allows you to remove drill portion super fast and without need of any tools. To make it work, you do need to drill, tap and install a little set screw to keep the locking collar permanently  attached to the drive tube. See photos below-

Sidewinder-Mod.jpg

Sidewinder.jpg

Sidewinder-Breakdown.jpg

Is that the extended tube as well?

23 hours ago, xcrmckenna said:

Is that the extended tube as well?

I'm not sure. I didn't know there where different lengths. I bought mine about seven years ago, so maybe they are different now.

• Thanks 1

The manufacturer will discount the $1675 list price to $1525 plus shipping if I can get five ordered.

He also told me they are putting up a new website with online ordering, and there will be a price increase in the next few weeks. 

-de

• Like 3

1 hour ago, exM20K said:

Ok - here's how it will work:

Contact Linn via email info@redlineaviation.com.  Tell him you're part of the mooney group purchase.  Once he gets five, he'll start making them.

-dan

can I still get in too?  Just have to okay it with the boss

• Like 1

I have one I will sell.  A sidewinder that is, as pictured above.  I got it recently but somehow Im still using my gas powered unit which I am just used to and I like.  So there it sits in my hangar not being used much and I guess I don't need two tows.  Its in great shape.  Make me an offer I can’t refuse.

Edited by aviatoreb
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

I have one I will sell.  A sidewinder that is, as pictured above.  I got it recently but somehow Im still using my gas powered unit which I am just used to and I like.  So there it sits in my hangar not being used much and I guess I don't need two tows.  Its in great shape.  Make me an offer.

I am guessing it's sold in 30 minutes or less.

• Like 2

Wow. Mooneyspacers must be doing better financially, or they finally figured out the genius of this device. Back in 2010 when I got mine, the Mooneyspace wisdom was, yes it's cool, but it's way over priced. "For that much I could get..." All manner of $200 DIY solutions were proffered up, combined with the usual bargain hunter bragging of "I found this at a garage sale for $100!" Now it looks like Mooney folks are getting serious! :lol:

You guys won't be sorry.

• Like 3