IO-360 Fuel Pump

I am sure this description is not technically accurate, but the seals in my fuel pump have apparently given up the ghost and I now have oil dumping out the fuel pump “breather” after every flight. I have a new pump in route, but am perplexed as to how to access and replace the pump. My IA suggests we remove the dual mag to make room, but it may be necessary to pull the engine. Not the news I wanted. Anyone with experience, please chime in. 

Edited by Brandontwalker

There is an oil breather, an induction drain hose, and a fuel pump drain that exit together, so make sure you're looking at the right drain!

I think the only way to access it without engine removal is to un-bolt the top of the mount (support engine with a hoist!) and pivot the whole thing forward. You shouldn't need you remove the mag.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, KSMooniac said:

There is an oil breather, an induction drain hose, and a fuel pump drain that exit together, so make sure you're looking at the right drain!

I think the only way to access it without engine removal is to un-bolt the top of the mount (support engine with a hoist!) and pivot the whole thing forward. You shouldn't need you remove the mag.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

The drain was pretty easy to trace. It was the one still dripping 3 days after the last flight and lead right to the fuel pump...and confirmed by my IA. Great advice on pivoting the engine. I sure wish there was another 3” between the engine and firewall.