Looking for a Canadian registered mooney

Hi all,

I am looking to buy an older mooney, probably a C model price wise. I know not all airplanes for sale are actively advertised. Ideally somewhere in the 30k - 50k range, depending on condition. Due to the relatively "low" price, an import into Canada wouldn't be worth it, so I am focussing on Canadian registered planes at the moment.

If you have one for sale, or have any leads, please let me know!

Thanks,
digits

1 minute ago, yvesg said:

Where are you located? I am in eastern Canada. If I see something in my area, I will contact you.

Yves

Hi Yves,

I am located in Manitoba, but I am willing to travel for the right plane.

Thanks!

Edited by digits

51 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Did @M20Docmention two Mooneys for sale in his neighborhood?  

Could be my fuzzy memory acting up.

Best regards,

-a-

I've seen 2 on kijiji in Manitoba. One is in owner maintenance, which won't work for me as I intend to fly it around the US and probably to Europe as well.

The other one seems a bit pricey based on pictures. Emailed the owner but no reply yet.

Unfortunately, at the moment, the Canadian dollar sucks.  Because aircraft prices even in Canada are really based on the US market, the Canadian prices follow suit.  Cdn30k-50k$ translates to 25-40 k$US which isn't a lot.  Depending on Manitoba sales tax (Ontario is 13% for private sales of used aircraft) then your budget is really really tight.

6 hours ago, digits said:

Hi all,

I am looking to buy an older mooney, probably a C model price wise. I know not all airplanes for sale are actively advertised. Ideally somewhere in the 30k - 50k range, depending on condition. Due to the relatively "low" price, an import into Canada wouldn't be worth it, so I am focussing on Canadian registered planes at the moment.

If you have one for sale, or have any leads, please let me know!

Thanks,
digits

Apex Aircraft in Toronto has a number of F models listed.

Clarence

10 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

Apex Aircraft in Toronto has a number of F models listed.

Clarence

Thank you. A bit weary about engines that haven't been overhauled since 1988 though. Especially for the price for an F model. I've been browsing ads for about 2 months, so I admit I might be too picky for now. I found a few old ads of planes that would have worked for me, but they all sold, probably because they were a good deal hehe....

18 minutes ago, milotron said:

There is one here in Victoria. I'll get some information from the poster board when I can.  Plus you can visit Victoria where it is 22 degrees and sunny today!

iain

Thanks iain, looking forward to the info!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, yes, I noticed that one before. I'm a bit worried about the last overhaul in 1983 though.... That's a long time where things could have started to go wrong, especially close to the ocean for corrosion etc.

Thanks for the tip though!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have a 1963 C that I am considering selling. It is in Quebec (I moved out here last fall, flew her across it was a great trip). I was looking for part owners in this part of Canada but have not had much luck and I am not flying the Mooney enough. 100 hours last year but I am a CF-18 pilot and we are not at home very much!

As far as the plane goes, I bought it in 2015 from Whitecourt, AB when I was in Cold Lake. It is a Johnson bar M20C. IFR with a KLN-94. It has just had the annual done at Harvey aviation here in Chicoutimi and had the prop overhauled. The engine has 450hrs on it. I have hangared it since the day I bought it.

I am very happy owning it but this year Im looking at less than 50 hrs on it and thats getting silly.

Let me know if you might be interested and I will get some more info together and pictures. 

I would be looking for $46000 CAD.

Simon 

• Like 1