Fuel selector trim?

I’m replacing the carpets and I’d like a new plastic trim piece that goes around the selector.  Mine broke long ago.  Everywhere I’ve been looking only has the trim for the C models with the sump ring.  Mine does not have that and is just a round hole.  Anyone have any ideas?

19 minutes ago, RLCarter said:

Call plane plastics and see if the can make or trim the pull ring area off one that is available?

Yeah, I was going to shoot him a message.  Just from looking at the pics, I don’t think the latter would work.  Pretty sure the hole in my floor is quite a bit bigger.

1 hour ago, M20F-1968 said:

Use yours as a model and make one out of fiberglass.  Use a flame retardant resin however.  Or you can get some round aluminum or nylon (something non-flammable) and machine one on a metal lathe.

John Breda

The original is long gone. It was just small pieces when I bought the plane.  I might pull the carpet, put down some plastic wrap, and make a fiberglass piece.  That's not a bad idea.   It would be pretty easy

3 hours ago, M20F-1968 said:

If you do not have the original, just make a wooded (or clay) model, use some mold release, and make the fiberglass piece.  You will want to use a non-flammable (Class I) flame retardant resin.  

John Breda

I can’t believe I didn’t even think of that.  I used to be really big into mobile car audio installations and I used fiberglass all the time to make mounts and things for speakers.  It would be a snap!

• Like 1