Lunch in McMinnville Oregon KMMV anyone?

Great weather tomorrow in the PNW. I’ll be flying into McMinnville for lunch and to see the Spruce Goose. Haven’t seen it since it was in Long Beech. Would be awesome to see some Mooney’s.

http://www.evergreenmuseum.org/attractions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, xcrmckenna said:

Great weather tomorrow in the PNW. I’ll be flying into McMinnville for lunch and to see the Spruce Goose. Haven’t seen it since it was in Long Beech. Would be awesome to see some Mooney’s.

Should have come out to Newport today, BBQ every Saturday noon to 1... Not that you'll see my Mooney sitting sadly on the ramp any more, at least my shame is hidden now.

Should have come out to Newport today, BBQ every Saturday noon to 1... Not that you'll see my Mooney sitting sadly on the ramp any more, at least my shame is hidden now.

You’ll be back in the air before you know it. This summer I’ll make it out there.

22 minutes ago, thinwing said:

Me too...I'm about due for a local Ocean crab poorboy

Did that last summer it was nice after I left flew over the pacific ocean.  Get the driver to pick you up at the airport he maybe able to get you in the cockpit of the goose free of charge.  :D  At lest that is what he told me when bringing me back to the airport.

Nice museum remember there are 2 buildings and allow yourself enough time for both.  Parts of my flight were IMC due to smoke last year in August time frame.

Now if you want a real po-boy come down to New Orleans and I'll take care of you.:)

• Like 1

I got an hour of Flight time under the hood flying over. My safety pilot said Mt. Hood looked spectacular but I’ll take his word for it.

2b8bf658f649035519e0164d5362f71a.jpg

The museum is awesome!!! They have four main building. One with the Hercules, the space museum, the theatre, and the water park. I last saw the Spruce Goose when I was about 10 in Long Beach and it was almost scary in the dark dome. But it’s bright and sunny in the Evergreen hanger. I hope to go back soon.

3a4960e997801c65f596730b2cbf0146.jpg
d9bb258a807d40ad5484356440248273.jpg

I met up with@jaylw314 while we were there. It wasn’t the numbers they had at the west coast fly in but the Mooney’s were representing.

0796566c100a4c60fd2fd341f3378e87.jpg

It was a good day until I found out I needed a new electric fuel pump....

After taking the courtesy car to PDX to get a rental car the 1 hour and 30 minute flight over in the morning was eclipsed by a seven hour drive home:) oh well luckily both my passengers are pilots so they understood why we got home at 2 this morning and didn’t complain why we couldn’t just fly home as is.

I do have good news Advanced Aircraft in Troutdale had the pump pulled out by 2pm and has it ready to be shipped to Aeromotors in the morning.

Any chance I can get the guy in the Acclaim Ultra in Arizona to pick me up and fly me back to Troutdale???:)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, xcrmckenna said:

Any chance I can get the guy in the Acclaim Ultra in Arizona to pick me up and fly me back to Troutdale???:)

If not, you'll have to put up with me in my rickety 201 :P

I attempted to take a couple Google Cardboard VR shots, for S&G's.  Let me know if anyone is able to get them to work...

IMG_20180422_143142.vr.jpg

IMG_20180422_140940.vr.jpg

• Like 1

If not, you'll have to put up with me in my rickety 201
I attempted to take a couple Google Cardboard VR shots, for S&G's.  Let me know if anyone is able to get them to work...

IMG_20180422_143142_vr.thumb.jpg.d1cc165231e22dec89cc9080aaafb9d3.jpg
IMG_20180422_140940_vr.thumb.jpg.45f859dea73ca50a53dfbeb76f4f72db.jpg

I’ll take a ride in your 201 any day!!!!:)

On 4/23/2018 at 2:38 PM, xcrmckenna said:

I got an hour of Flight time under the hood flying over. My safety pilot said Mt. Hood looked spectacular but I’ll take his word for it.

2b8bf658f649035519e0164d5362f71a.jpg

The museum is awesome!!! They have four main building. One with the Hercules, the space museum, the theatre, and the water park. I last saw the Spruce Goose when I was about 10 in Long Beach and it was almost scary in the dark dome. But it’s bright and sunny in the Evergreen hanger. I hope to go back soon.

3a4960e997801c65f596730b2cbf0146.jpg
d9bb258a807d40ad5484356440248273.jpg

I met up with@jaylw314 while we were there. It wasn’t the numbers they had at the west coast fly in but the Mooney’s were representing.

0796566c100a4c60fd2fd341f3378e87.jpg

It was a good day until I found out I needed a new electric fuel pump....

After taking the courtesy car to PDX to get a rental car the 1 hour and 30 minute flight over in the morning was eclipsed by a seven hour drive home:) oh well luckily both my passengers are pilots so they understood why we got home at 2 this morning and didn’t complain why we couldn’t just fly home as is.

I do have good news Advanced Aircraft in Troutdale had the pump pulled out by 2pm and has it ready to be shipped to Aeromotors in the morning.

Those Troutdale guys are fantastic. 

• Like 1