Cigarette lighter? M20s

Niko182

Anyone happen to know if the eagle has a cigarette lighter and where.  Im picking my eagle up tomorrow and expecting to be at least 6 hours in the plane and charging my phone and ipad would be great.

Thanks Nik

5 minutes ago, steingar said:

Mine won't charge the iPad, I haven't tried the phone yet.  It will charge the Stratus.

Where is it? I cant find it on the panel? Ive looks it up online and either im blind or just oblivious.

The one in my ovation will charge an ipad no problem.  I also have one of these and it works really well.  It can charge an ipad several times over and keep a stratus running for many many hours before recharging.  Note that that if you drain it all the way it takes something like 12 hours to fully recharge.

https://www.ravpower.com/26800mah-external-battery-charger-iSmart2.0-black.html

this or something like it will charge the ipad a few times. i own one.  I have found in cruise there isnt much need for an ipad, turning off the screen makes it last all day.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-20100mAh-Portable-Compatible/dp/B01LQ81QR0/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1524285835&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=power+bank+anker&psc=1

7 hours ago, Niko182 said:

Well thats the exact plane im flying home tomorrow so i know where it is now. Thanks and sorry for my inability to find something so simple.

Yes, I pulled the picture from the ebay ad that I had shared on the post where you were looking for an Eagle. I hope that's a cigarette lighter socket in the picture. It looks like it though. Best wishes on the return trip in your new Mooney!

So now we know where the socket is...

1) Be sure to know what voltage it is being served...  the plane is 28v, but some Moonies have a transformer to deliver 12v to the socket.

2) If it is a 28v socket be sure you have a USB plug that can handle both 12 and 24v...

3) If you have only one socket, you might to have one of those splitter devices to feed a couple different portable devices.

4) An extra USB battery makes a lot of sense.   

5) Nothing like guessing everything will work out right.... have a Plan B and a Plan C...

My ‘94 O has only one socket @28V...

Best regards,

-a-

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

So now we know where the socket is...

1) Be sure to know what voltage it is being served...  the plane is 28v, but some Moonies have a transformer to deliver 12v to the socket.

That ended up not being the socket. it was a data port. the plane doesn't have a socket.

4) An extra USB battery makes a lot of sense.   

I fly with 2 spare batteries no matter where I go.

5) Nothing like guessing everything will work out right.... have a Plan B and a Plan C...

our flight plan didn't work out. ended up getting stuck in dodge city, Kansas KDDC. A lot of hiccups on the flight too.

some scarier than others. but one thing I can say.

THAT IS ONE FAST AIRPLANE.

• Like 2