M20E sump part needed

Just bought a ‘66 M20E needing some tlc.  Need help finding a part that attaches to the gascolator.  It is the fitting that the plunger goes into that drains fuel next to fuel selector. I found this during sump screen removal, fortunately it only took an hour to remove the piece broken off inside the gascolator cap.  I spoke with Lasar, they said its not available,  I think pn is HE-1619-1.  Open to any ideas.  Thanks

image.jpg

picture and drawing attached in first post, is it not there?

I can’t see picture either, but start contacting all the larger aircraft salvage businesses with the part no you have; if you don’t get luck with either of the MS’ers above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only seeing the part with the three threaded connections on the excellent drawing...

Looking for the part that was broken...  

I don’t know what it looks like.  Somebody might have one and not know what it looks like either...?

Best regards,

-a-

41 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Only seeing the part with the three threaded connections on the excellent drawing...

Looking for the part that was broken...  

I don’t know what it looks like.  Somebody might have one and not know what it looks like either...?

Best regards,

-a-

The threaded portion pointing into the "cap" in the drawing is broken off, notice how short that tbreaded section is compared to the other two.

One other option is "owner produced parts", where you give the broken one to a machinist, with your best estimate of how long the broken threads need to be.

• Like 1

Also...

Might want to Open the search to parts for M20C, E, F, G... As it may be more an airframe part than an engine part...

Use caution with this advice, because the selector in some Mooneys IS engine specific...

Continental,  The more complex selector valves also return fuel back to the selected tanks based on the fuel injector requirements...

Going too modern... the selector valve is plumbed in a different physical location...  you could probably use an M20J selector but it would require a whole bunch of plumbing to go with it...

Jerry is pretty good about having a bunch of these kinds of things...

@acpartswhse Jerry are you here...?

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

My first Mooney was modified to allow a Curtis drain valve instead of the plunger assembly.  I've seen others that were modified in a similar manner.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/an914.php

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/curtisquickdv4.php?clickkey=3008616

I think it might have been cracked, plane been sitting awhile, a few maintenance mysteries, but great potential.  Had some H2O in the tanks, cracked a fuel line also, fuel servo being overhauled now. Caps all tight with new o rings now...

• Like 1

Nice follow-up, Keith.  Great pic.

I always wondered what the threads were for at the drain exit.  Somebody has a use for them...

If you need new internal parts for the separator/screen... Dan at Lasar has been the goto guy for that...

Best regards,

-a-