How much did Mooneys cost new by year/model?

FloridaMan

I believe this to be a failure at all levels, manufacturing, lawyers, regulations and the current owners community.

GA is now for the elite, where as back in the 70's you just needed to be ok.  I cry inside whenever I hear someone brag about how expensive something was and how others shouldn't  be here if they can't or won't spend similar amounts.  

when I look at pictures of GA gatherings you know what I see, 50+ year old men.  yes there's always the odd ball woman or youngun but for the most part its an aging higher income group from a past generation.

Today it's harder to get to the higher relative income.  Someone mentioned housing in California,  a buddy owns a million dollar townhome in one of those places but makes less than me, how's he supposed to own an aircraft ?

people start trying to save for retirement the instant they turn 18, what sense would it ever make to buy a limited use item which if you're lucky doesn't self destruct due to a few mos of disuse.  Really a hard sale.

As mentioned earlier yeah, a lux car or Rv can be had for similar prices but those things have 1000x more utility, comfort and durability.

I LOVE flying, LOVE being an owner but honestly, the writing is probably on the wall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1