Finally it’s over let the fun begin.

With that vast fortune we get once a year— what will you buy for your plane, the flying season has begun 

I’m waiting for the 3100 Autopilot to be STC’d for Mooney’s we keep falling down the stc list due to limited deposits.

What are you doing to your plane this year..

I am on return number 4.  A corporation , not for profit, LLC(had to be filed in march), personal

It really is a reminder of how we are not free.  The government tells us when we can retire, how much we can save for retirement.  That the retirement tax laws have not been updated since the times of pension plans,  

But I digress

I failed at the goal of letting the Government keep some of my money and not pay me interest on it.

Which brings me to the dismal interest rate that is paid on savings which is kind of controlled by the government.

Probably transponder adsb solution

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

I really dont mind writing big checks to the Gubbermint, it means I did well for myself the previous year. I do, however, mind them wasting what I send them.

My ultimate goal is to pay $1MM in taxes every year. 

Not even close, but one can dream......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skates97 said:

Come to California, they will help you get closer to that number than Alabama...:blink:

I know. That is why the retirement home is in Lakeland, FL. :D

I previously had to travel to our operation in California, and at one point they wanted me to start paying taxes there. Have not been back since.

1 minute ago, Oldguy said:

I previously had to travel to our operation in California, and at one point they wanted me to start paying taxes there. Have not been back since.

That's not an uncommon request by states these days. A decade ago I was working for a company and they assigned me to a client in Pittsburgh, where I spent 3 weeks out of the month for a year. Wouldn't you know, the great state of Pennsylvania sent me a questionnaire about my assignment. I never replied to it and never heard anything more. Two years ago I heard from the great state of Michigan about the same thing, and again ignored it. Nada.

These states sure have a lot of cojones.

5 minutes ago, flyboy0681 said:

That's not an uncommon request by states these days. A decade ago I was working for a company and they assigned me to a client in Pittsburgh, where I spent 3 weeks out of the month for a year. Wouldn't you know, the great state of Pennsylvania sent me a questionnaire about my assignment. I never replied to it and never heard anything more. Two years ago I heard from the great state of Michigan about the same thing, and again ignored it. Nada.

Yeah, I was there about one week every three months. Never had a problem there in the past century (that sounds weird to write). Even when I traveled to Canada, Brussels, and Switzerland and worked there for weeks or even months at a time, there was no mention of taxes.

Different world today.

1 hour ago, flyboy0681 said:

When I lived in Ohio, the state was trying to figure out how to charge income tax on visiting hockey and football teams, for money earned when the games were played in Ohio. But strangely, I never heard about taxing visiting businessmen. 

What I really learned to hate was the city taking 2% off the top, before tax-exempt deductions. Not sure how they were able to tax the gross, pre-health insurance, pre-401(k) number that ni one else taxed . . . . .

2 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

You guys should be using the new simplified tax form with only 2 lines.

What did you earn last year?

Please remit all of it!

Clarence

I'm waiting for the postcard return that the president promised and kissed at a photo op late last year.

1 hour ago, Hank said:

When I lived in Ohio, the state was trying to figure out how to charge income tax on visiting hockey and football teams, for money earned when the games were played in Ohio.

My step-son has been with the Utah Jazz for 11 years, and until this season would travel with the team to about half the away games.  IIRC he has had to complete 6-8 state tax returns each year.

24 minutes ago, Danb said:

Awesome Dave, I also stay away from politics on this forum and most anywhere else, it's not worth it.

Not worth it indeed. It's been very tame around here without political speak, and we are better off for it. 

Although I wouldn't mind hearing how Little Timmy  has been doing all these years later.    :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Danb said:

Awesome Dave, I also stay away from politics on this forum and most anywhere else, it's not worth it.

I enjoy a good political debate, unfortunately they tend to quickly devolve into name calling and finger pointing. I appreciate that this forum is mostly free of it. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I always try to under pay my taxes. It is the only way to get an interest free loan from the government.

When you get a refund, you gave the government an interest free loan!

In that case, I did it right this year.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, David Herman said:

Why doesn’t it FEEL like “I did it right” ... when you write a check to our big spending, big debt, no budget, no accountability, corrupt government which throws our hard-earned money around like candy?

Why do you feel that way on only one day of the year? You should feel that way at every pay check or quarterly payment.

It is easy to ignore it when someone else is writing the check to the government every week instead of you, but it is your money none the less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1