Part number for McCauley propeller hub o-ring

Hi everybody!  This is my first post to this forum.  I am very happy to come across it.  We have been trying to find a part number for the o-ring that sits in the hub of a McCauley 2D36C14 on an M20A.  I have tried one that was pretty darn close, but still had oil leak a little around it.  Any help would greatly be appreciated!  Still flying 3 M20A's in Kansas.  Thank you! 

Welcome aboard, Mark.

I’m not the right guy to answer your question, but I might know a few go to guys for this...

Would the O-ring be a Mooney part, a MacCauley part, or a lycoming part...

Lasar.com is a great resource for ordering Mooney parts...

@M20Doc is our resident Know everything about parts guy... including engine parts...

We also have a really good prop guy onboard here...  @Cody Stallings

If you need more help than that we have a few M20A owners as well...

Best regards,

-a-

Thank you Carusoam and M20Doc!  I am happy to be aboard here too!  We have been working on going through this Mooney for 6 years.  We aren't very fast obviously.  haha.  My A&P and I both own this one and he owns another M20A which is flying.  He is a great resource on the wood planes.  He is a retired engineer and has worked for Beech, Cessna, Northrop, Leerjet, and others.  Great resource if any of you have a question on the M20's.  I will call Lasar and I think I can get my hands on a prop manual.  Thanks!

20 hours ago, MarkD said:

Hi everybody!  This is my first post to this forum.  I am very happy to come across it.  We have been trying to find a part number for the o-ring that sits in the hub of a McCauley 2D36C14 on an M20A.  I have tried one that was pretty darn close, but still had oil leak a little around it.  Any help would greatly be appreciated!  Still flying 3 M20A's in Kansas.  Thank you! 

Call my shop Tomorrow an ask for Katie.

Give her your address an she will Ups you a Mounting ORing 

870-208-8882

• Like 1