Finally home

Those of you who have been following the chronicles of Mooney Six One Zulu already know that she suffered extensive damage to the wing back in September when my partner ran off the runway while re-positioning her away from Hurricane Irma. Nearly eight months and tens of thousands of dollars later she is back home.  Work was completed by Air Services at West Georgia Regional (KCTJ) and they took very good care of her. 

IMG_3006.JPG

• Like 13

48 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Now go fly the wings off her....! (figuratively speaking). :)

Get your flying brain calibration up to speed before going in IMC?

Thanks for sharing all the details so far.  These things can happen to anyone...

Best regards,

-a-

I went under the hood today for about an hour. The results weren't nearly as bad as I anticipated, but this took place during the break-in period so flying a GPS approach at WOT was challenging.

• Like 2

Welcome back and thanks for caring enough to save a Mooney!  A lot of folks might have considered it too much trouble and just discarded her...our Mooneys can’t be replaced.  Blue skies!!!

10 hours ago, laytonl said:

The Air Services Guys do a good job.  Is everything working okay, trims out, etc?  Are you pleased with the paint?  Lee

The paint job itself is very good but the color matching isn't great where the blue is darker than the original. Can't have everything.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...