Does anybody know what this is?

9 hours ago, Bill G said:

I suspected it might be from the seat but couldn't find where it would go or any missing parts and both seats work OK.  Maybe I should remove the seats and take a closer look.

Can you look under along the rails and see the pins when you hold the bar up? If not it is probably worth taking them out and checking to make sure the pins that hold it in the rails are on each side. I don't know if that is what it is, but the seats are very easy to remove so you might as well.

• Like 1

I suspected it might be from the seat but couldn't find where it would go or any missing parts and both seats work OK.  Maybe I should remove the seats and take a closer look.

Skates97 - I couldn't see the pins, but plan to take the seats out tomorrow for a better look.

Compare that pin to the the holes in the seat tracks...

I think you may have found a seat locator pin.   

Expect that you have two per seat.

If you only have one, the seat kind of cocks around the one pin.

If the one pin doesn’t lock properly, you risk sliding back during the T/O run/climb out...

See how important that can be?

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic.

Best regards,

-a-