KECP

Mike, the manager at Sheltair, has offered us a small discount on fuel in the past.  Perhaps based on the number of Mooneys present last year, he can offer a larger discount?

Mike has been most gracious in years past.

• Like 2

6.58$/gal.  Can be had for a third less just a few miles away. Such as 1J0. We landed and topped off here on our trip from DC to Houston a couple years ago for the same reason. 

Edited by jetdriven
  • Like 1

While this has nothing to do with the Mooney Summit, Mike Lerma, Jack the line manager and the entire Sheltair staff at KECP are fantastic. They donate a HUGE hanger for our use on Fridays during the Mooney Summit, and feed everyone, registered or not for free. Pretty classy.

To me, its worth it to pay 20 extra bucks for a top off when you get 30 worth of bennies. Some people dont feel the same way and will eat the sheltair supplied food while planning to go 15 nm away to save a few dollars. I almost couldn't believe it when I saw it happening! Hopefully these will remain the exception so we can continue to receive the sponsorship and support of Mike and Sheltair. Excellent FBO's like Sheltair in KECP are a rarity.

Now if I were just trying to get thru the area and pay as little as I could for fuel, there are other options.

• Like 4

On 4/20/2018 at 4:58 AM, mike_elliott said:

While this has nothing to do with the Mooney Summit, Mike Lerma, Jack the line manager and the entire Sheltair staff at KECP are fantastic. They donate a HUGE hanger for our use on Fridays during the Mooney Summit, and feed everyone, registered or not for free. Pretty classy.

To me, its worth it to pay 20 extra bucks for a top off when you get 30 worth of bennies. Some people dont feel the same way and will eat the sheltair supplied food while planning to go 15 nm away to save a few dollars. I almost couldn't believe it when I saw it happening! Hopefully these will remain the exception so we can continue to receive the sponsorship and support of Mike and Sheltair. Excellent FBO's like Sheltair in KECP are a rarity.

Now if I were just trying to get thru the area and pay as little as I could for fuel, there are other options.

Yes Jack at KECP was awesome!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...