Ohio Maintenance Recommendations

I was curious to a good shop in Ohio Indiana area. I will need an annual eventually in Fall but for now need a good gear swing and dynamic prop balance. I know Tiffin Aire does them. Any comments on Tiffin or other recommendations? Feel free to PM me. Muncie Aviation no longer does vintage Mooneys. Thanks very much in advance. I’m a new owner of s wonderful C model and want to give it the attention she deserves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shane at DLZ comes recommended.  I haven't used his services, but met him and got a really favorable impression.  I've been going to Bobby Norman at 42I.  Might be a bit far for you, but Bobby came highly recommended by the local Mooney community, and I have valued his service and abilities.  

• Thanks 1

These guys are on the other side of Ohio in New Philadelphia. http://www.proavaircraft.com They maintained my 252 for over ten years and did the final annual on it before I bought it. I spent quite a bit of time with them regarding the 252 I was purchasing and was satisfied they know Mooneys. Eric is the proprietor and if you go, tell him I sent you. He won't remember me, but will remember N252AD.

• Thanks 1

When I was at KHTW, New Philly was our preferred avionics shop, and Tiffin was often used for props. Gave a busdyba ride up to pick up husnolane there once (from all the way at the bottom of Ohio).

Maintenance and annuals were the local guy, who worked on several Mooneys including gear up repair on mine for the PO.

• Thanks 1

Not sure of your exact location but I had a positive experience with an assisted annual at Lapeer Aviation recently. Located at D95.

As for Tiffin, my instructor uses them exclusively for his C182 and they have a very nice FBO. I plan to use them to balance my prop in the near future.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...