4 hours ago, tony said:

Scott, worth a call to PS engineering to see if there is an upgrade path.

I just called PS Engineering and spoke a sales rep.  They tell me that if you purchased a 450A in within the last few months (exact number of months wasn't given) then you would likely actually have a 450B, as they have quietly been introducing the features of the B in the most recent As that were shipped out.  Right now he told me there is not an upgrade path being offered directly from PS Engineering.  Unsure if there will be one in the future.  He asked me to call back with the serial number of the 450A I purchased last fall and he will let me know if I actually have a B. 

I'm thinking of reaching out to Chase to see what the upgrade options might be as well. I've got the 450a but have had it for just over a year now. But no regrets, I've thoroughly enjoyed it over the last year. I'd like to have the new one, but glad I didn't wait either.

I'm thinking of reaching out to Chase to see what the upgrade options might be as well. I've got the 450a but have had it for just over a year now. But no regrets, I've thoroughly enjoyed it over the last year. I'd like to have the new one, but glad I didn't wait either.

I spoke to Mark at the show. I don’t think you will see a trade in offer from them. The B is also not a true slide in replacement either. There are additional wires that need to be connected to get some of the engine and airframe warnings through the audio panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey Chris, really enjoyed our talk.......maybe I’ll recognize you this time in Oshkosh :rolleyes:

I’d like to gently make clear that the PMA450B is completely plug and play with the PMA450 and PMA450A. What you are referring to is the wiring for the new flightmate, which is a four channel aural alert system. If the pilot wants to use this new capability then those pins would have to be wired to the appropriate devices.

You are correct, we do not have a trade in program but the vast majority of our dealers do.

Finally, I want thank you publicly for the video you created with your PMA450A. Amazing number of views and very well done.

• Like 4

On 4/12/2018 at 8:24 PM, KSMooniac said:

I almost regret getting the A version last year...this one sounds amazing.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Me too.  I generally preach not to buy the A model of anything but the 450A was too cool to pass up. I’d love to have two bluetooth inputs. That’s pretty slick.

On 4/13/2018 at 8:40 AM, jasona900 said:

I just called PS Engineering and spoke a sales rep.  They tell me that if you purchased a 450A in within the last few months (exact number of months wasn't given) then you would likely actually have a 450B, as they have quietly been introducing the features of the B in the most recent As that were shipped out.  Right now he told me there is not an upgrade path being offered directly from PS Engineering.  Unsure if there will be one in the future.  He asked me to call back with the serial number of the 450A I purchased last fall and he will let me know if I actually have a B. 

So today I tried to sync two bluetooth devices (iPhone and iPad) to my 450A.  Sure enough, it worked!! I was listening to music from my iPhone, and when I got an alert from Foreflight on my iPad, the alert interrupted the music, and then the music resumed.  I synced both devices to the 450A bluetooth connection (not the stream option).  I bought my 450A last December.  If you got yours around then, you may have some or all of the features of the B.  

• Like 2