Sun N Fun Learnings

1 hour ago, 1964-M20E said:

I talked to Aspen about the E5 and he said that you can legally fly an ILS approach with the dots shown on the top part of the PFD screen.  There is not CDI presentation at the bottom.  Didn't ask if you still need an external CDI.  No $ value to upgrade the E5 to the Pro 1000 by software but is is an option.

This is correct. I was misunderstanding the info leaked a couple weeks ago. The cdi info on the pfd is the same exact presentation as the pfd1000 pro and the Garmin txi pfd displays. None of the current glass uses vertical info on the hsi page. 

This is correct. I was misunderstanding the info leaked a couple weeks ago. The cdi info on the pfd is the same exact presentation as the pfd1000 pro and the Garmin txi pfd displays. None of the current glass uses vertical info on the hsi page. 

When I looked at the E5 at the show, it was displaying a precision approach on the AI and also had the horizontal situation indicator on the bottom. Unlike the Pro version which has the HSI indicator on the bottom. It looked like this photo:

904fac9100a3a2bd6622a937aa17ea46.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro