Free Overhead Torpedo Lights

Which LED upgrade did you do?
I installed the kit from the Short Wing Piper Club (see the link above). Simply replaces the bulbs and shrouds. The change is dramatic. I could barely see my instrument panel at night before and now this is my view. ba31316425cf017bd7d3d3bd7a20b9f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Chris from PA said:

I installed the kit from the Short Wing Piper Club (see the link above). Simply replaces the bulbs and shrouds. The change is dramatic. I could barely see my instrument panel at night before and now this is my view. ba31316425cf017bd7d3d3bd7a20b9f4.jpg

nice

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody want these? Happy to give them to a new home. I replaced them with LEDs

https://www.shortwingpiperclub.org/product/cabin-mounted-shoulder-lights/613b359281b7c87d2acecd370010da68.jpg

Did you get the dimmer from their site too? It is no longer listed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Did you get the dimmer from their site too? It is no longer listed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I didn't. It's not so bright that I would even need to truth be told. It does dim a little but I expect I'll run it full bright. Haven't flown at night since the mod but I'll give a PIREP when I do.

• Like 2

I just put a set of these in, very nice, really lights up the cockpit and they stay cool to the touch if you need to adjust them in flight. My torpedos would get notably warm, almost too hot to adjust. These do dim, using the already installed dimmer, but not at the granular level the torpedo lights do, for me the level of light between high and low works great. These are super easy to switch out/install and a quick entry in the logbook (by my A&P )and done.

Edited by M20C_AV8R