Complete M20 TURBO NORMALIZER for M20J - FOR SALE

Have a complete and perfectly functioning M20 TURBO NORMALIZING kit presently installed on my 1993 M20J. Would be easy to remove and install on your M20J. I would want to swap any stock parts removed from your aircraft to mine. 

(AFTER MORE RESEARCH IT IS EVIDENT THAT THE STC FOR THIS SYSTEM IS NOT AVAILABLE OR TRANSFERABLE)

The worst part of a swap will be the cowl... I'm not sure how interchangeable one cowl is between planes. The mod needs an intercooler hole in front, and new gills on the sides plus paint to match. If the cowl can't be swapped, then you have a hole-filling operation to execute, and then paint.

It is worth the effort/cost for the right deal, though!

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

other then the added cost of inspecting and maintaining the turbo I do not see a good reason to remove it. I live at sea level but would love to have a turbo just to get higher for longer trips. I definitely would not remove one!

Brian 

• Like 3

Have a complete and perfectly functioning M20 TURBO NORMALIZING kit presently installed on my 1993 M20J. Would be easy to remove and install on your M20J. I would want to swap any stock parts removed from your aircraft to mine. 

Have all paper work and can send you pics.

Before you spend money to have it removed, go fly one that isn't turbocharged so you have something to compare it to.

Over 30 years I've had a few Mooneys. My first four were turbocharged. My fourth wasn't and it wasn't long before I sold it and got another turbocharged Mooney. 

Spending money to decrease your performance and capability doesn’t seem to make sense.

• Like 6

I won’t remove the turbo system until I have it sold to someone who is willing to swap their naturally aspirated parts for the turbo system. I am willing to keep it if a good swap does not work out. I did have a 1984 M20J 15 years ago. I was very happy with that and wouldn’t mind going that route again.

You will not be able to simply swap cowlings.  Each respective cowling will need to stay with its own airframe, which means the new turbo owner will be cutting holes and adding side gills, and you will be doing fiberglass work to patch holes.  Both will be painting.  That is itself is a lot of work.  Further, there is some added cost in maintaining the turbo, but it gives you options you would not otherwise have.  I would keep it.  

John Breda

• 5 months later...

So after doing more research and getting educated by this forum, I realize that the STC for this installation is not transferable nor is it available at this time. Jetdriven (Byron) was especially helpful in sharing the research that he had done on this particular topic. I apologize for not having had complete and accurate information before posting this. In the meantime I have come to appreciate and completely enjoy the M20’s capability and performance. It is a privilege to have access to the accumulative knowledge and experience of this community. 

• Like 2

Apparently Mrs. Sandman is the present owner, the widow of the previous owner of the STC
Not any longer since she passed way a year or two ago. I think she gifted it to their former mechanic that is also now in prison, so I have no idea where in limbo it might be.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone. thanks for tagging me to the discussion @carusoam.

RAJAY owns the STC for the RAJAY installation for the M20J SA3555WE. 

We are taking deposits now to be put on a waitlist.  We want to have at least 3 orders before we go into production.  If you are interested in putting a $1,000 fully-refundable deposit down, please contact sales@rajay.aero for more information.  We haven't nailed down the exact cost for the M20J, but we would estimate a purchase price for the kit to be somewhere around $28K plus 50 hours of installation labor.

Regards,
Tom

• 1 year later...
On 10/13/2018 at 1:06 PM, tomgo2 said:

Hi Everyone. thanks for tagging me to the discussion @carusoam.

RAJAY owns the STC for the RAJAY installation for the M20J SA3555WE. 

We are taking deposits now to be put on a waitlist.  We want to have at least 3 orders before we go into production.  If you are interested in putting a $1,000 fully-refundable deposit down, please contact sales@rajay.aero for more information.  We haven't nailed down the exact cost for the M20J, but we would estimate a purchase price for the kit to be somewhere around $28K plus 50 hours of installation labor.

Regards,
Tom

Did you get the 3 deposits? @tomgo2