67 M20F Pre-Buy Recommendations

HwkIFan

Folks,

I'm pitching back into the purchase arena and have narrowed down to a 67 Mooney M20F in Ft Meyers FL.  Can you provide recommended pre-buy locations?  I'd like a MSC but would settle for a non-MSC if they have lots of experience working on them.

Greatly appreciate any assistance

Cheers,

I would check out Phil Jimenez in Avon Park.  probably about one hour flight from FT Meyers.  He is a widely recognized Mooney AP here in Florida with very reasonable prices.  I fly my bird to his shop from Jacksonville for my annuals as do many other folks in Florida. PM me if you need a phone number.  I would also consider converting the pre into an annual to make sure everything is inspected.

+1 for Phil.

Where are you located? I fly into Ft Myers all the time and if you haven't seen the plane I'd be happy to take a look and give you an amateur opinion. Whoever you go with, make sure they pull the panels under the rear seat and inspect the spar. The biggest thing you need to worry about is this: 

• 2 months later...