Fuel drain leaking UPDATED 5/10/18

Newest update as of 4/30/18-  Removed the entire radio stack and CP side. 

Found 2 wires that were less than 6ft long with more than 4 butt connectors in them. 

Found two fuse holders tied up in the harness (inaccessible) being fed by a circuit breaker that was double the fuse rating.

Found the main alternator breaker bypassed by a copper slug.  It was wedged between the two breaker terminals.  (didn't get a picture of that before I touched it and it fell out)

The right wing is fully cleaned, taped and re-foamed.

The left wing is getting taped.

All the scat tubing that was circa 1800s  has been removed and replaced.  Any spots that had corrosion cleaned and protected.

Found multiple harness wires just going nowhere at either end. 

I will be posting pictures next weekend I left the camera in the plane.  I just wanted to continue with the update. 

• Like 2

It's like a box of chocolates finding what the other "mechanics" have left behind.    For my Harness from Mooney factory, there were a fair amount of wires that went no where.   And you know the story about why the radio relay was not working.... because it was removed and the hot wires jumpered.

If I had a spanner long enough to reach North East Oklahoma

Getting closer.  EDM 900 arrived yesterday, and all the parts from aircraft spruce arrived this morning,  all the tank cavities are taped and foamed.  The entire after factory wiring and all the sins of the previous owner have been removed.  The radio stack is getting built and new wiring installed.  Wish I could just wave a Snap-On magic wand and it would get done.  So close...

• Like 3