Hi MS-ers,

I'm 3/4 finished with panel upgrade of our 1967C.  Installed JPI EDM900, which produced a bumper crop of unneeded instrumentation.  I want to offer these items here on MS before listing them on ebay.

1. Tach, stamped from the 1980's, built by Superior Labs, Inc., Hot Sprgs, AR. for Cessna.  Working when removed. Agreed with new EDM900 tach, hour meter says 1018.0 hours.  No logo on face plate.  No cable.

2. Original six-gauge Garwin instrument cluster in 2 rows, 3 cols layout, with amphenol connector.   All gauges working when removed except oil temperature. ***SOLD***

3. Combined Garwin MP/FP gauge, overhauled Dec., 11, 2017.  Mooney logo on face plate.

4.  Radair single EGT indicator- worked upon removal. ***SOLD***

5. EI VA-1A certified VA meter with wiring harness and shunt.  Purchased last fall and installed.  Made redundant by EDM900.  Working when removed.  ***SOLD***

6. EI Oil Temp/Press gauge.  with press. xducer/temp. sens. and wiring harness.  Working when removed. ***SOLD***

7.  Dynon D-2 pocket panel with external GPS antenna, accessory power plug in and wall adapter.   Top few lines horizontal of the display are always white but these don't cover up vital information.  Works otherwise.  With pinch mount for installation in empty 3-1/8" instrument hole.  This thing is cool.  I wish I had a spot for it, but I don't. ***SOLD***

8.  Garmin 396 aviation GPS with external antenna, accessory power plug, antenna for Sirius XM weather data, software updated November, 2017.  With mounting bracket.  Working.  Tons of cool features. ***SOLD***

9.  Original carb. temp. gauge with amphenol connector, made by Aicrcraft Instrument and Dev. Inc.    Inop when removed.  Don't know if gauge is bad or sensor.

If you are interested, please send PM.  I can send photos of what interests you.

-Fred

On 4/7/2018 at 12:10 PM, Fred_2O said:

Hi MS-ers,

I'm 3/4 finished with panel upgrade of our 1967C.  Installed JPI EDM900, which produced a bumper crop of unneeded instrumentation.  I want to offer these items here on MS before listing them on ebay.

1. Tach, stamped from the 1980's, built by Superior Labs, Inc., Hot Sprgs, AR. for Cessna.  Working when removed. Agreed with new EDM900 tach, hour meter says 1018.0 hours.  No logo on face plate.  No cable.

2. Original six-gauge Garwin instrument cluster in 2 rows, 3 cols layout, with amphenol connector.   All gauges working when removed except oil temperature.

3. Combined Garwin MP/FP gauge, calibrated Dec., 11, 2017.  Mooney logo on face plate.

4.  Radair single EGT indicator- worked upon removal.

5. EI VA-1A certified VA meter with wiring harness and shunt.  Purchased last fall and installed.  Made redundant by EDM900.  Working when removed.

6. EI Oil Temp/Press gauge.  with press. xducer/temp. sens. and wiring harness.  Working when removed.

7.  Dynon D-2 pocket panel with external GPS antenna, accessory power plug in and wall adapter.   Top few lines horizontal of the display are always white but these don't cover up vital information.  Works otherwise.  With pinch mount for installation in empty 3-1/8" instrument hole.  This thing is cool.  I wish I had a spot for it, but I don't.

8.  Garmin 396 aviation GPS with external antenna, accessory power plug, antenna for Sirius XM weather data, software updated November, 2017.  With mounting bracket.  Working.  Tons of cool features.

9.  Original carb. temp. gauge with amphenol connector, made by Aicrcraft Instrument and Dev. Inc.    Inop when removed.  Don't know if gauge is bad or sensor.

If you are interested, please send PM.  I can send photos of what interests you.

-Fred

What do you want for the cluster gauge Fred? Joe

On 4/9/2018 at 4:38 PM, Fred_2O said:

I just learned that Dynon has discontinued the D-2.   Weird.   I think it is a very useful and smart backup with a lot of useful info shown.  Any ideas why they might have discontinued it?

Where did you read that? The Dynon website points to the D-2 as the substitute for the D-1. I am pretty happy with the D-2. 

http://www.dynonavionics.com/discontinued-product.php

14 minutes ago, wishboneash said:

Where did you read that? The Dynon website points to the D-2 as the substitute for the D-1. I am pretty happy with the D-2.

Yeah, but the Dynon page for the D-2 says, "Sorry, the requested product is not available": http://www.dynonavionics.com/pocket-panel.php

The Aircraft Spruce link says "Page not found", Amazon says "Currently unavailable" and so on.  Can't find one for sale anywhere but used.  Regardless of whether it's been "officially" discontinued, it appears discontinued for all practical purposes.

On 4/16/2018 at 11:27 AM, bob865 said:

What would you take for the VA gauge?

I've got it listed on eBay as auction number  123084875840.  That item is presently at $200, which is a pretty good discount considering that it is almost new.  Search for

ALMOST NEW ***Electronics International VA-1A-50 Volt/Amp meter***

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/15/2018 at 10:38 AM, KLRDMD said:

So how's '03L treating you ? That was my very first Mooney. I had it from about 2002-2004. I bought it from a friend, then sold it to a different friend.

Dear Ken ( @KLRDMD),

I just stumbled upon your post from May.   2903L's still going strong.   We bought her almost one year ago.  Since then we've given her a major electronics/panel upgrade.   In August we flew a 2800 nm trip and all went very well.

-Fred

41 minutes ago, Fred_2O said:

I just stumbled upon your post from May.   2903L's still going strong.   We bought her almost one year ago.  Since then we've given her a major electronics/panel upgrade.   In August we flew a 2800 nm trip and all went very well.

I hardly recognize the old girl.