Missing JPI EDM 700 and GNS430 issues - NEED AVIONICS

For my M20J - 201:  I bought a JPI EDM700 to replace a faulty JPI EI from Willmar but unfortunately they(he) went out of business and have been unable to track down the instrument.  Also had an annual and new prop that I don't have paperwork for yet...Anyone aware of a loose 700/730? Or perhaps have one to sell?  Or how to reach Brian?  ;-/ 

I also have a GNS 430 with a sticky button - would like to buy a WAAS 430 or 530 to replace.  Thanks to any responses!  See you @ SNF.  605 389-4225 mei.cfii@gmail.com

589.jpg

Welcome aboard, Jethro.

From my recollection, Wilmar still exists... One guy retired, somebody took over the business, all under good control... honorable people.  The change occurred a while ago.

Where are you located?

Can you clear up what you have/need?

JPI is one thing, EI is the other instrument manufacturer...

It helps to have your ducks organized when asking for help... I am trying to be helpful...

Best regards,

-a-

Sorry for the confusion: JPI EDM 700: Its an electronic multiprobe engine indicator.  Willmar does exist.  Bruce Jager ran a great MSC, then sold it and retired (he still makes a great retrofit Mooney interior).  It went through a transition, and now new owners have started again.  I've heard good things, and talked to them on ph - they just can't find my parts or documentation.

Mentioned in the original posting - I am looking for an EDM700(preferably mine, or a serviceable one) , and would like to track down the prev owner of Wilmar.  Also looking for a 430Wor 530W.  I am in TN but cover the planet monthly, so no problem with location.  Thanks for the reply!

• Like 1

Sorry for the confusion: JPI EDM 700: Its an electronic multiprobe engine indicator.  Willmar does exist.  Bruce Jager ran a great MSC, then sold it and retired (he still makes a great retrofit Mooney interior).  It went through a transition, and now new owners have started again.  I've heard good things, and talked to them on ph - they just can't find my parts or documentation.
Mentioned in the original posting - I am looking for an EDM700(preferably mine, or a serviceable one) , and would like to track down the prev owner of Wilmar.  Also looking for a 430Wor 530W.  I am in TN but cover the planet monthly, so no problem with location.  Thanks for the reply!

Check with Aerodon. He sells a lot of JPI products including ones he takes in on trade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

There is still a Mooney MSC at Willmar, but it is a new operation, it is not the “Willmar” that the OP is talking about.  Paul Beck, who owned/owns Weep-No-More, and Erik Rudningen started Oasis Aero, it took over the airport operation and became the new MSC at Willmar about two years ago, but it is not related in a corporate way to the old “Willmar Air Service” owned by Brian Negen.  I always got great service from Brian, but he is gone now.  Erik might have his number, but I don’t think Erik has a lot of success reaching Brian either.  Oasis has my aircraft right now and they are doing the annual.  The quality of the work certainly has not suffered and they are very busy.  Bruce Jaeger is still connected with Erik and Paul and works out of one of the maintenance hangars doing his interior installations when he is in Minnesota.  He heads for FL in Oct. for several months.  Bruce and Erik are both excellent instructors, Bruce was my instructor when I did my commercial.

So there is still a very healthy “Willmar,” it is just not the same one that was there a couple of years ago.  Erik and Paul are really great and it is always fun going out there.

Edited by jlunseth
  • Like 2

Paul and Eric have been battling the damage done by Brian when he did things like this. It must be noted as @jlunseth says, Oasis Aero is NOT the WIllmar air service that Brian Negen bought off Bruce Jaeger (and stiffed Bruce in the process I understand).They are simply located on the same airfield, had a heck of a time because of Brians' doings to become a MSC and get a lease from the city for the FBO. Fortunately, Eric and Paul are a class act and their workmanship, honesty and integrity prevailed and will overcome the current natural tendency of people to associate Oasis with Brians version of Willmar Air service.

Disclaimer:

Weep No More LLC is a founding sponsor of the Mooney Summit

Oasis Aero is also a sponsor of the Mooney Summit.

Both of these companies support us, the Mooney pilots and owners, and our charitable Bill Gilliland foundation.

Thanks Paul, Eric

• Like 4

Whatever problems others had with Brian, I never had any.  What I will say about both Brian's operation, and the new Oasis Aero, is that none of the mechanics at Willmar have ever tried to kill me.  I have never had them put something back together wrong, or leave a part out, or tell me something is "good" when it definitely is not "good," certainly not anything important.  That might seem like a simple thing that any mechanic should be able to do, but that has not been my experience.  I use other mechanics when I have to, but that has always been hit or miss and some of them did make piloting way more exciting than it needed to be.  I take the aircraft out to Willmar even for routine oil changes now.  They catch things others would not catch because they know the type aircraft.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...