Are you attending the Mooney Summit VI

mike_elliott

Are you coming?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Of our 160 registered attendees how many Mooney Spacers are coming?

• Absolutely! I have been before
    • Its my first time, Ill be there
    • I wish I could but .......

Of our 160 registered attendees, how many are Mooney Spacers? This year, our host hotel will move to the Hampton Inn beachfront in Panama City Beach to accommodate our growth, and our Mooney Sponsored Saturday night dinner will be at the Grand Marlin.

Our agenda is here

Here is a video of the Mooney Formation demo

Here are a few pics of last years event

Here is how to donate to our charitable Bill Gilliland Foundation to help downed Mooney pilots' families if you cannot come and believe in easing an unfortunate fellow Mooney pilot's families pain

Ron, Seth, Lee and I look forward to seeing you again or meeting you this Sept 28th!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

So would a short shuttle bus ride over to Highway 30A / the beaches of south Walton County.  It's not my cup of tea, but that place is like crack to yuppie women.  My wife and daughters at least, and all of their friends, love it there

Ah...perhaps Kelly would like to be a 'tour" guide Jim?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank @Seth and Lee Drumheller for this years' agenda. They both have really stepped up to begin the transition to the younger generation of the Mooney Summit and its' content. Going forward, their ideas and hard work will insure the succession of the event, while Ron and I sit back and slap backs. :)  Seth in particular has been thrown a few challenges recently he is working thru.

We had to close registration at 170 simply because of the venue's capacities, and we have a large waiting list right now. While in year's past, everyone was able to get in. I am not so sure about this year. As we receive cancellations, we will add the next in line on the waiting list. I have 3 of my clients on the waiting list just to show you we are being fair :)

The Friday reception sponsored by Weep No More, Premier Aircraft and Oasis Aero promises to be cozy for sure, and of course, everyone is welcome to the Friday airport day open house sponsored by Sheltair

On 4/5/2018 at 8:17 PM, David Herman said:

“Right Seat Ready”

I was hoping this would be available to entice my other half; doesn't look like it made the agenda. I don't suppose the other one was recorded? Planning on this one, just trying to clear the dates with spouse. 

6 hours ago, carusoam said:

@mooneygirl Jolie, might you have an answer for Stephen above?

Best regards,

-a-

Anthony, Stephen, I am not Jolie but having seen her at several Mooney International shows, AOPA Fly-Ins, AirVenture, MAPA and numerous other flying events I'll observe that she has to be spending a meaningful amount doing aviation volunteer presentations. Panama City Beach is airline distance from Oceano CA and I'm sure she has to draw a line somewhere. 

The Summit structure which we all love involves no registration fees, free meals, and top expert presenters. Ron Dubin's generosity allows Summit to comp rooms for presenters but as far as I know no one receives an honorarium or is reimbursed for travel. OTOH, I don't think Summit has ever or wants to start charging for a special presentation like RSR. (Jan Maxwell and Jolie have given their presentation several times across the country charging a nominal fee to help defer travel costs.)

I am a big fan of Summit but I am not on their board and I'm not intending to speak for them. Mike, Seth, or Lee might chime in. 

• Like 1

I was hoping this would be available to entice my other half; doesn't look like it made the agenda. I don't suppose the other one was recorded? Planning on this one, just trying to clear the dates with spouse. 

Jolie is considering doing a “Right Seat Ready” program in the mid Atlantic area in September or October. She and I spoke at Sun N Fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Jolie is considering doing a “Right Seat Ready” program in the mid Atlantic area in September or October. She and I spoke at Sun N Fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I checked and wife is in UK during the Summit so doesnt matter. Might be able to do a Mid Atlantic though

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob_Belville said:

Anthony, Stephen, I am not Jolie but having seen her at several Mooney International shows, AOPA Fly-Ins, AirVenture, MAPA and numerous other flying events I'll observe that she has to be spending a meaningful amount doing aviation volunteer presentations. Panama City Beach is airline distance from Oceano CA and I'm sure she has to draw a line somewhere. 

The Summit structure which we all love involves no registration fees, free meals, and top expert presenters. Ron Dubin's generosity allows Summit to comp rooms for presenters but as far as I know no one receives an honorarium or is reimbursed for travel. OTOH, I don't think Summit has ever or wants to start charging for a special presentation like RSR. (Jan Maxwell and Jolie have given their presentation several times across the country charging a nominal fee to help defer travel costs.)

I am a big fan of Summit but I am not on their board and I'm not intending to speak for them. Mike, Seth, or Lee might chime in. 

You pretty much nailed it Bob. Our goal is to provide the very best Subject matter experts to better the breed of Mooney pilots. We helped Jolie and Jan kickoff their fantastic RSR course a few years ago when they presented at the Mooney Summit II, but since then they have not returned to present as their business model wouldn't work without receiving an honorarium, and  ours wouldn't work if we started this practice. We do not pay our fantastic SME's, (or board members or officers or anyone else) although the likes of Max Gurgew, Bob Kromer, Karl Ludolph, Dan Bass etc all deserve well more than the gratitude of our 170 registered attendees give them and the tax break they get for their expenses. They are delighted to do it to help each of us become a better steward of general aviation, Mooney aircraft, and help us fund the Bill Gilliland foundation so that we may provide assistance when one of us or our families really need it.

A huge thank you to them and the generosity of our sponsors, presidents club members and attendee who donate that allow us to put the event on in a first class manner and allow us to do our charitable work

• Like 5