Anyone using an auracle 2101 engine monitor

Is anyone using an auracle 2101 engine moniter ,

I bought one but I Am not sure I am going to like  cutting up such a nice looking panel to put it in ,  

just wondered if the owners like them after install 

I was thinking rather than cut up my panel I might just re sell it and go with a jpi 900 instead as they will fit and give almost as good features and   fit in the standard instrument holes 

Edited by Mooneymechanic

5 minutes ago, carusoam said:

http://www.ultra-fei.com/crm2101specs

Since I haven’t seen much about it...  is it experimental only?

best regards,

-a-

Huh, no, there's an STC and AML which includes all Mooney M20's.  I'd never heard of it before.

It's STC'd as a primary instrument, and seems to list around $7000.  Not sure what it comes with.

Edited by jaylw314

The STC is only a few pages long and lists all the Mooneys... 

Also requires the ship’s fuel level gauges to remain...

So many JPIs, EIs, and insight...

Great Question, Anyone one have one?

Some JPI installations have such complex issues, I wouldn’t want to be alone trying to conquer installation issues...  noisy bouncing signals and squelch breaks.... integration challenges with fuel level sensors...

Best regards,

-a-

2 hours ago, Rustler said:

Oh, I don't know. Here's a picture of a JPI 930 installed in a large hole in the panel. I really like it flush mounted.5ac696fabf889_NewPanel1.jpg.235a1f76d5447bcd37df8481c237427b.jpg

Impressive panel.  What type of switches are those in place of Klixons or Eatons along the bottom and where is the annunciator panel?

Impressive panel.  What type of switches are those in place of Klixons or Eatons along the bottom and where is the annunciator panel?

He does not need the low fuel warnings or voltage warnings because of JPI , no vac, and he replaced gear annunciator lights with individual lights. I’m betting he added standard circuit breakers and the switches look like rockrack:

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/categories/aircraft_parts/ap/menus/el/switches_rockrack.html

I’m half way on my way doing the same thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teejayevans said:

He does not need the low fuel warnings or voltage warnings because of JPI , no vac, and he replaced gear annunciator lights with individual lights. I’m betting he added standard circuit breakers and the switches look like rockrack:

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/categories/aircraft_parts/ap/menus/el/switches_rockrack.html

Can you use those?  I thought some of the factory switches are switch/circuit breaker combos.  Can Rockrack switches even be installed in certified aircraft?

2 hours ago, teejayevans said:

Thanks TJ.  I did not know the switches were even available for our Mooneys.

Can you use those?  I thought some of the factory switches are switch/circuit breaker combos.  Can Rockrack switches even be installed in certified aircraft?

If that is what they are, they aren’t certified for non-experimentals. I know that when Klixon were difficult to get, some Mooney owners used Piper non-breaker rockers with a separate breaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you add a separate CB, it’s a minor modification and only requires logbook signature. Of course you have to recut your panel.

If that is what they are, they aren’t certified for non-experimentals.

Mike Busch talk about this, common basic electric components need no special certification: you can replace capacitors, diodes, basic switches, etc.
I know my AP on/test switch and JPI 830 fuel,all switch is a simple toggle switch, I have at least 1 relay that is just a $15 part from mouser.
You need a logbook entry, its a minor modification.
There is standards for electronic components, environmental, power, voltage, etc that it would need to have.

5 hours ago, teejayevans said:

Mike Busch talk about this, common basic electric components need no special certification: you can replace capacitors, diodes, basic switches, etc.
I know my AP on/test switch and JPI 830 fuel,all switch is a simple toggle switch, I have at least 1 relay that is just a $15 part from mouser.
You need a logbook entry, its a minor modification.
There is standards for electronic components, environmental, power, voltage, etc that it would need to have.

I agree the intent is that you can substitute standard components for failed components as long as they meet the original specifications. Avionics shops add new switches all the time as part of installations. And I am certain those are sourced outside of the avionics manufacturer a good percentage of the time. The issue is that our Klixon are not basic switches. They are integrated breaker switches. So, if we use standard non-breaker switches and add a separate breaker, does this change the rules? 

I would be really worried to install a switch that can be found on an aviation parts site that clearly says it is for non-certified aircraft. Especially when the Q&A says stuff like this:

Switches.thumb.JPG.1a561a822e61f3143704708b35c585ab.JPG