Fuel smell in cockpit

Glad the issue is fixed. I actually just had a fuel smell that turned out to be a result of a leaking fuel injector. My concentration was on high EGT on one cylinder that I thought was a clogged injector. However, I let the mechanic know that I did smell a little raw fuel that seemed to start concurrently. They did a high power leak test and found the injector leak. Really value mooneyspace teaching me to listen to the plane. When something smells or looks weird, it deserves a better look. 

• Like 2

Honestly, I think it was turbulence. When I say I flew through some rough turbulence, I mean it was the roughest air I’ve ever experienced. I bought the plane in California and flew it from there to Ohio in March. Just past flagstaff and all the way to Amarillo, was simply some of the worst turbulence I’ve ever experienced. The smell simply dissipated and us no longer there. I’d like to say I did something- but I didn’t. I’m glad I didn’t have to. I think there have been some good suggestions on this thread. I’d start with the floor in cockpit - also see if smell is there after running electric fuel pump.