Albuquerque

Randy A

Welcome aboard, Randy.

Isn’t there an MSC in KABQ?

From the Mooney website, they list the Mooney Service Centers locations...

Not all MSCs are the same, some may be more welcoming of visitors than others...

I was thinking there may be one there. Just not sure and don’t have all the MSCs memorized...

For really good pics of M20Fs, Check in with @Marauder he has a really good feel for the M20F and it’s long term capabilities...

Standby to hear from other MSers as well...

Best regards,

-a-

I tried to look that up for you, Randy...

All the international MSCs seem to be listed.

http://www.mooney.com/en/Support.html#Serv_support

Send these guys a note to see if they know where to find the list of US MSCs...

email: support@mooney.com

We have a couple of MSCs that monitor MS... Lasar.com is in CA is another route you might find helpful...

Best regards,

-a-

Hi @Randy A,

I'm based at Double Eagle and not aware of an MSC around here either.  I have a '79 K model that I would be happy to provide some exposure.  I believe the F and K are substantially similar from a length/cabin perspective.  Shoot me a PM with your details and we can find a time to get together.

A couple pieces of unsolicited advice.
1) I would second @carusoam's advice that if you want to see a bunch of them, make a trip down to San Antonio and visit with All American.  I did that and sat in at least a dozen different planes; small, mid and long body as well as a Piper 6 and a few others.  Probably as close to a car dealership as you can get with their inventory of for sale planes all in one place.  And David and Jimmy are super knowledgeable and friendly.  No pressure, just good guys and happy to help.

2) I ended up buying a 'good deal' that had been sitting basically idle for the previous 4-5 years.  As you've no doubt read by now, be careful of those.  Nothing harder on a plane than one that has been sitting, even if in a hangar.  If I do the math where I sit today (I don't really want to do the math, though..), I'm probably still ahead, slightly, as some of the issues I had could happen on any plane.  The biggie is we found spalled lifters while replacing the push rod gaskets.  Luckily, the cam was still within tolerance, so only cost me 12 new lifters.  A lot of the rest were just deferred maintenance type things and stuff that could break on any plane.  If I were to do it over, I would insist on getting a plane that was flown regularly.  I don't know what the bottom limit would be, but it needs to be getting some real flight time regularly.

3) I didn't find this forum until I was under contract and into the pre-buy.  I'd recommend posting the details of what you are looking at and let the group here pick at it and provide some good feedback.  The knowledge pool here and willingness to help is incredible.  I'd highly recommend taking advantage of it.  This was probably my biggest miss in the process...I wish I had found and utilized this group more during the process.

Cheers!
Vance

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1