Rudder pedal extensions revisited

DonMuncy

39 minutes ago, Stetson20 said:

Out of stock..

Did you call Dan at LASAR. They are not stocking as much as they used to but can order from the factory which will drop ship to you.

Also, remember that the 1.5" extensions come as a set for both pilot's pedals, but for the 3" you have to order two -- one for each pedal.

I have a set of 1.5" extension brackets if anyone needs them.

Skip

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PT20J said:

Did you call Dan at LASAR. They are not stocking as much as they used to but can order from the factory which will drop ship to you.

Also, remember that the 1.5" extensions come as a set for both pilot's pedals, but for the 3" you have to order two -- one for each pedal.

I have a set of 1.5" extension brackets if anyone needs them.

Skip

I’ll call. Thanks!

I'm making slow progress, its hard to get the attention of a machine shop to do small jobs.  Had the parts laser cut, but that shop could not do the bending.  Had another shop do the joggle in the side pieces, they did a really nice job.  Just waiting for them to do the centre piece.  

Aerodon

IMG_4204.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 4/3/2018 at 7:57 PM, DonMuncy said:

I looked back in older posts and found where someone posted the drawings for the 3 inch extensions. (Thanks to those folks) My hangar elf was busy today and turned out a set. They are not all that difficult. Mine are not perfect, but it appears that none of the dimensions are critical.  You do have to make sure that the spacing for the holes are identical for both sides of the same pedal.

SAM_1860.JPG

• 9 months later...
54 minutes ago, Alec said:

Does anyone have any 3" rudder pedal extensions, maybe even with the rudder pedals made special for the extensions so the pedals are at the correct angle vertically?

There are no special pedals. The installation instructions for the 3 inch extensions show how to modify the 720017-007 pedals when you install the kit. When you order the kit, you have to order two as the kit only has parts for one pedal unlike the 1.5” extension kit that has parts for both pedals. After installing, you have to remove the left exhaust cavity and adjust the brake cylinder rod lengths to correct the pedal angle.

Skip

• 7 months later...
On 5/14/2021 at 10:46 PM, DonMuncy said:

Yes, but since I wanted 3 inch ones anyway I went ahead and made them 3 inch.

Dear Don PLEASE send me drawings for pedal extenders for K model to avoid waiting from factory here or sazdoprop@gmail.com 

Thanks A LOOT 

On 9/22/2022 at 11:34 PM, PT20J said:

After installing, you have to remove the left exhaust cavity and adjust the brake cylinder rod lengths to correct the pedal angle.

Assuming you have the adjustable links.

My plane came with 3 inch extensions, but fixed links (Encore conversion).  I found one link from LASAR at about $300.  The other was ordered from the factory through Maxwell and was over $600.  If I had the time, I would have done an owner produced part, the materials would be about $75.

• Like 1

Just now, Fly Boomer said:

Thanks.  I guess we'll figure it out.

It’s pretty simple and doesn’t require disconnecting anything. Just loosen the jam nut on the master cylinder piston rod clevis and rotate the piston rod to adjust the angle. It doesn’t take much because of the geometry, so rotate it maybe one turn at a time checking between adjustments.

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2023 at 5:31 AM, Deni said:

Dear Don PLEASE send me drawings for pedal extenders for K model to avoid waiting from factory here or sazdoprop@gmail.com 

Thanks A LOOT 

I finally found my (apparently factory) drawings of both the 1 1/2  and 3 inch ones. If these don't come through, let me know.Drawing 720115.pdf

• 10 months later...
On 5/10/2023 at 10:56 AM, salty said:

I had to turn quite a few times, and I did it from underneath.

Not to derail, but I have a set of pedals with the extensions installed already if someone is interested.

@salty

Just brought a M20J.  Interested in the extensions if you still have them. 

On 4/5/2024 at 7:10 AM, Robby_H said:

@salty

Just brought a M20J.  Interested in the extensions if you still have them. 

Check the equipment list in the POH. Some came from the factory with 1.5” extensions installed (mine did). If so, you will need the 3” extensions.