bradp

Looks like the Mid Atlantic details have been published

Don’t  want to be perceived as pushing you to do something you don’t want to.  Good that’s everyone has minimums and maximums and you know yours.   I respect that.  -B

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

7 hours ago, bradp said:

Don’t  want to be perceived as pushing you to do something you don’t want to.  Good that’s everyone has minimums and maximums and you know yours.   I respect that.  -B

No worries at all.  You weren't being at all pushy, just enthusiastic.  I hope you guys have lots of fun.

@steingar, I don't know how much formation experience you have or how badly you really want to do the Caravan this year but it is my experience that the Caravan leadership tries to accommodate folks.

A year or 2 ago the MAG folks did a mini clinic to get @kpauland @Marcopoloqualified only a few weeks before AirVenture. Kevin was well qualified and getting certified was mostly a formality but Ron was a pretty low time VFR pilot with a new to him 231. At least 4 MAG safety pilots, plus me, came to HKY to help - good folks.   

For his part, Ron got a IR friend to fly to Madison/Oshkosh with him just in case there was weather. (While the Caravan itself is VFR only I've had to get to Madison, the departure field, IFR.) 

So... if you want to go badly enough, perhaps you have someone with a IR who would join you for Danville and insure that you could get back home Sunday PM.

Or if you have enough formation experience you might be able to get a sign off. (I intentionally do not get involved in Caravan leadership and I do not speak for them, just relating my experience.)

Just registered at the Sleep on the north edge of the airport for the 6/23-24 clinic, and sent registration for same.  Looking forward to it.

Sitting around getting over a cold and did the flight planning for Danville. 4:20 of flying to get there.  Clear customs at Ogdensburg (Yves’ idea).  Then Hagerstown Capital (HGR) then direct KDAN.  Should get there by 5:00 pm or so on Thursday.  Looking forward to practicing RNAV approaches followed by making Lead look good!!!

CHANGED!!

1:15 to Rochester with a 24/7 CPB operation and more runway than you can shake a stick at.   Then 2:42 to Danville.  Shaves 20 minutes off the other one and has only one stop.  Sorry Yves.  (Fledgling member of CB club - saving 20 minutes and 3.5 gallons of Avgas).

• Like 1

Goat,,I didn’t sign up, if there are any cancellations please advise.

thank you,

Dan