Does a three-bladed prop make for a rougher ride than a two bladed prop?

6 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

IIRC the 3blade is about 20lbs heavier. With a PlanePower alternator and Skytec starter, it kinda balances out. CG and max gross are two things I never have to worry about in my plane. Volume is the limiting factor.

I've done my weight and balance calculations a number of times, however, my loads don't differ that much from the norm, so I have not been doing them as much more recently.  When I have something abnormal, I do the W&B.  I have the Skytec starter and the older InterAV alternator conversion (approx. 1 lb heavier than the PP).  Those together take a lot off of the nose of the plane.  I have noticed that it is difficult to overload  or to load outside of the cg.  As you say, Volume seems to be the limiting factor.

I just wondered how that 20lbs way out in front affects W&B calcs, I guess not as much as one would think.  At some point I know I am going to have to replace the prop, so I'm just getting some data points.

37 minutes ago, M20F said:

144mph is 125 knots, not 128 knots :-)

Yep, two different flights as stated above Photo #2. Note it's also at 7500 msl versus 9500 on the first one. IAS falls iff with altitude . . . .