Mooney Bravo TLS pre-buy in Jacksonville

Camanomick

New guy to mooneyspace and prospective new owner of a Bravo TLS.

I'm located on the west coast and this AC is located in Jacksonville. I need to find a Mooney TLS savvy A&P to do an unbiased inspection of this beauty before I go out to confirm/close the deal. Any feedback on worthy A&P's in the 100 mile range of JAX is appreciated.

In addition, anyone with knowledge of N9119X is certainly welcome to chime in with any comments, suggestions, recommendations. She's a 1990 with a gear up in 07 but logs look complete and repair seems to be well documented. Pic's represent a clean, sharp looking, relatively well equiped M20M for that vintage.

Thanks in advance for any feedback regardin gany of the above.

Mike

New guy to mooneyspace and prospective new owner of a Bravo TLS.
I'm located on the west coast and this AC is located in Jacksonville. I need to find a Mooney TLS savvy A&P to do an unbiased inspection of this beauty before I go out to confirm/close the deal. Any feedback on worthy A&P's in the 100 mile range of JAX is appreciated.
In addition, anyone with knowledge of N9119X is certainly welcome to chime in with any comments, suggestions, recommendations. She's a 1990 with a gear up in 07 but logs look complete and repair seems to be well documented. Pic's represent a clean, sharp looking, relatively well equiped M20M for that vintage.
Thanks in advance for any feedback regardin gany of the above.
Mike

I’m here in Jacksonville and will be more than glad to go look at it ant take pics for you but I’m not an AP and frankly I don’t know anyone in Jacksonville that I would consider an expert in Mooney’s. I take my Mooney to Phil Jimenez in Avon Park (widely recognized Mooney expert). Might want to consider speaking with him. It may be possible to arrange for him to pick up the plane in Jax and fly it to Avon Park for him to do the inspection. The owner can also fly down to Avon Park And Phil will give him a ride back to Jax. The folks at Daytona Beach are also good as mentioned in the previous post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks to all for the replies and good feedback.

I've tried to locate/call Phil but get a message with full voicemail...can't leave a message. Any assistance in connecting is appreciated.

It appears Phil is mid to late 60's. Is he still active in business or a part-timer now?

9119X is located at CRG and if any of you are able and willing or simply interested, I'd enjoy getting your feedback assuming I can set up a viewing with the owner/seller. It's being handled through an out-of-area broker.

Thanks to all for the replies and good feedback.
I've tried to locate/call Phil but get a message with full voicemail...can't leave a message. Any assistance in connecting is appreciated.
It appears Phil is mid to late 60's. Is he still active in business or a part-timer now?
9119X is located at CRG and if any of you are able and willing or simply interested, I'd enjoy getting your feedback assuming I can set up a viewing with the owner/seller. It's being handled through an out-of-area broker.

Phil’s number is 863-873-9999. I recommend you send him a text first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Mike,

Where will you be basing the plane on the west coast?  I'm based out of Kelso, Washington. I went through the same thing you are doing when I bought my Bravo a few years ago.  I arranged a prebuy at Daytona and airlined there to pick it up when everything checked out ok. I was going to get a pre-buy done by Phil but he needed the plane flown to him and I couldn't find anyone to get it there so I had Daytona check it out even though they had been doing the annuals for about 10 years. 

Mike,

Also if you are interested PM me and I will share will you my pre-buy discrepancy list compared to the annual discrepancy list done a few months later at Top Gun.  My Bravo is a 1991. 

20 hours ago, Camanomick said:

.....It appears Phil is mid to late 60's. Is he still active in business or a part-timer now?

Phil is going to get a laugh out of that question. :P

Even in his 60's, he's quite active, thank-you! 

• Like 1