Places to stay in Bahamas for a CB?

FloridaMan

Looking at going to the Bahamas for a night or two this weekend. Any suggestions as to cheap places to stay that are decent? I’ve done Harbour Island already and enjoyed that. I found Nassau to be a bit touristy and pricey. I’m thinking I’d like to try exuma this time around. 

I don’t know the Exumas so can’t help you there.  Stella Maris on Long Island has an airport that is decent and has a manager (good to have if you need help for some reason), the resort is not exorbitant, and the island is not touristy.  There is a hotel at Treasure Cay (Abaco).  At least they bill it as a hotel. the lodging is actually in marina townhouses.  TC is a beautiful spot, big beach, you can take a ferry over to Green Turtle and some of the other out islands.  Again, not touristy.  Bimini has the Bimini Big Game Club.  Bimini is more touristy than it once was but still not bad.  Fishing, either on the flats or in the ocean, is good.  There are lots of other places, but the main type of lodging you will find in the Bahamas is private rental that you would find online.  Some rent for just a couple of nights.  Locals are usually very helpful with transportation to and from the airport.

I found a condo owned by a pilot on VRBO at Treasure Cay with a pilot discount. I wanna say it was under $150 per night. It was very adequate for our stay but not super fancy like a lot of places are now.  It’s in a great location and not too touristy. Ask for the pilot discount if they still offer it.

https://www.vrbo.com/77163

• Like 2

Bimini, I would say is quite touristy given the cruise ship arrival.  However, you can stay pretty cheap on the island(s); North and South.  Fishing there is phenomenal.  Beach is nice.  Lots of history there.

Great Harbour has some cheap studio apts on the beach near the golf course for not a lot.  They go fast, though.  You can find them on VRBO.

TC, as mentioned also has some good vrbo deals.

Pittstown Point rates are very reasonable.  Not sure of their status as they were hit pretty hard the last couple years with hurricanes.  I plan to check them out in the next couple weeks as I will be staying near by.

Note, there is a $150 credit available for pilots at participating "resorts" for a 2 night stay.  Getting the credit is easy at most places.  Most places deduct it from your final bill. 

Rollezz on Cat Island is very reasonable if you factor the pilot credit.

William