Mooney's in the Dallas Area

mvh007

I'm in the initial phase of looking for another airplane and it was suggested that I consider a long-body Mooney. I'm in the Dallas area and would like to see one up close. I partially would like to evaluate the interior for me and my family, which includes two boys under 10. My last airplane was a Comanche 250. 

Edited by mvh007

You can probably see lots of Mooney models at Fort Worth Alliance the weekend of June 1st.  There's a MAPA Pilot Proficiency Program that weekend.  I'll be there and would be glad to show you the Acclaim.  My kids are 5 and 7, and the long body works great...especially when you have bulky, lightweight items (i.e. Christmas gifts, etc).  Eventually though, weight may be an issue for longer hops with the full family + bags...so it depends on your typical mission.

Thanks for the reply and I'll put the MAPA event on my calendar. 

Like most, I will either fly alone or with one additional person most of the time so weight will not be a pressing issue. On those family trips we will have to limit what we bring along. 

Maurice

I'll be glad to let you try my K model for fit, although not a "long body". I am hangared at Dallas Executive (RBD). We are also having a fly-in at RBD on Saturday April 14th. Maybe someone planning to show up with a long body will chime in. 

Don is hosting a Mooney fly in at Red Bird April 14th.  You should be able to see several, weather permitting.  If the weather permits I will be there.

Thanks to whoever posted about June First, although that will be my Moms 94th birthday, I will look into it.