Upside to TFR's

I live about 2,500 feet from Marjory Stoneman Douglas high and today I am delighted to hear.. nothing.

On the day of the massacre, and for weeks after, the skies were filled day and night with helicopters to the point where the noise was maddening. Today's march down here coincides with Trump's visit to Mar-a-Lago and the skies are closed due to the presidential TFR.  I assumed the media applied for waivers and am delighted  they were denied.

Without getting into politics, the effect the event had on our community down here is profound. Personally, a close friend of ours was among the victims, Meadow Pollack. The devastation it left behind for the family just has to be seen to be believed - and then you wouldn't believe it. I have a dozen other stories that relate directly to my wife, kids  (both Douglas alumni) and myself, but I won't go into it.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, flyboy0681 said:

I live about 2,500 feet from Marjory Stoneman Douglas high and today I am delighted to hear.. nothing.

On the day of the massacre, and for weeks after, the skies were filled day and night with helicopters to the point where the noise was maddening. Today's march down here coincides with Trump's visit to Mar-a-Lago and the skies are closed due to the presidential TFR.  I assumed the media applied for waivers and am delighted  they were denied.

Without getting into politics, the effect the event had on our community down here is profound. Personally, a close friend of ours was among the victims, Meadow Pollack. The devastation it left behind for the family just has to be seen to be believed - and then you wouldn't believe it. I have a dozen other stories that relate directly to my wife, kids  (both Douglas alumni) and myself, but I won't go into it.

A friend of mine is acquainted with the Pollack family.  He passed on to me that her brother, Hunter, was not allowed to speak today because he wasn’t toeing the “party” line.  Truth or fiction?

7 hours ago, ragedracer1977 said:

A friend of mine is acquainted with the Pollack family.  He passed on to me that her brother, Hunter, was not allowed to speak today because he wasn’t toeing the “party” line.  Truth or fiction?

Something transpired but I don't know what. The organizers publicly stated that he was on the speakers list but he didn't show up. So who knows.