Mooney aircraft ownership video on YouTube

bradp

I’ve liked watching these videos about a CJ and a Cessna 310 - looks like they are going to have 2 or 3 videos on Mooney ownership.  Cool. 

It came up on my feed earlier today. It was a good description of owning a Mooney. Let’s not give Mike to hard of a time for not having the pointy end polished.....:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm kind of annoyed that they focused much of the walkaround and tour on the aftermarket avionics and instruments.  I'd wager the vast majority of M20J's out there do not have an all-glass cockpit or Aspens installed, so somebody interested in buying an M20J really doesn't get a representative look at what they'd be getting into.

Of course, I suppose that makes sense if the video makers are in the business of moving premium aircraft rather than average aircraft.

$3,000 to 5,000 for an annual without any gotchas? 
Mine is inspected by Phil Jimenez, who is located about 60 miles from where this guy is based, and our typical annual is $1,300.

It’s still a fairly new to him, add LEDS, landing donut, or thicker glass...is enough to get to $3000+, he mentioned all the above, I’m betting he includes these type of maintenance issues in the annual costs.
I assume many owners delay maintenance fixes until plane is in annual which can drive up annual costs.

8 hours ago, teejayevans said:

It’s still a fairly new to him, add LEDS, landing donut, or thicker glass...is enough to get to $3000+, he mentioned all the above, I’m betting he includes these type of maintenance issues in the annual costs.
I assume many owners delay maintenance fixes until plane is in annual which can drive up annual costs.

It’s probably best to conceptualize for this type of video/target audience as 1) inspection 2) airworthiness issues 3) discretionary maintenance 4) upgrades. 

Yes I am on MS and have been for awhile :)  The annual costs i “guessed” did include the fact that i have redone just about everything on the Plane.  They are working on a video of a more “average” Mooney also.  The intent was to show what you could do.  Anyways, I enjoyed the process and it has been fun with 133DB.  The spinner is clean by the way now lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes I am on MS and have been for awhile   The annual costs i “guessed” did include the fact that i have redone just about everything on the Plane.  They are working on a video of a more “average” Mooney also.  The intent was to show what you could do.  Anyways, I enjoyed the process and it has been fun with 133DB.  The spinner is clean by the way now lol

I knew you would get it clean and pretty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk