TAS Indicator?

MBDiagMan

I am about to begin my annual and the ASI needs attention.  It works great but the lens is extremely cloudy, assumedly from cigarette smoke of the past.  My Cessna has a custom IFR panel.  It has A True Air Speed indicator where you can enter temp and it uses altitude to display true air speed.  Sure would love to have one in the Mooney.  Anyone ever have one marked with proper speed ranges for the Mooney?  If I do this it would seem that now would be the time.

any thoughts or experience to share?

ASIs are pretty easy to get re-screened for proper presentation...

@Marauder did a memorable thread on how to get that done before going all glass.... His ASI was nicely modernized by making the IAS very readable in the pilot’s favored units...

It may be really helpful if you can get a copy of the most recent POH for your model of M20.... all the painted arcs match the POH... all the calibrated airspeeds Are POH items as well...

Find an instrument shop with the skills...

As far as smoking and dirty glass in instruments.... the ASI would be a tough one... smoking in front of the pitot or by the static ports would be challenging...

It is amazing how much gunk shows up on the glass over 50years... all cleanable while at the instrument shop...

Hope that is helpful...

Of course getting an ASI with the OAT adjustment may take acquiring another instrument.  Approved for your plane...

For used Mooney parts...

@acpartswhse and @Alan Fox are MS resources...

Best regards,

-a-

• Thanks 1