Oil cooler hose length with A3B6 engine

I went to order replacement oil cooler hoses from PHT and they said they've had multiple experiences with hoses for F models with A3B6 engine and the hoses being the wrong length. I"m thinking the guy is confused because his original suggestion was a 20.5" hose which is really short. Maybe he's confusing the oil cooler relation? Did changing from the A1A to the A3B6 engine affect the hose length?

Worst case I can remove the hoses and measure them but its a PITA *2 to remove them with the engine installed so I'd prefer to not do it multiple times. My current hoses don't have a tag on them.

-Robert 

Where is your oil cooler?

Front of the cowl or back of the dog house? A few have been relocated from the front to the back... A few MSers have been discussing their recent oil cooler relocation experiences.  Including a few inches one way or the other....

can you get a measurement of the existing hose by running a piece of string along it's length, then Measure the string?

This may work if you have two different hose lengths to choose from?

PP ideas only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

The J A3B6 oil cooler hose par numbers were generated by me and they have them. If the oil cooler isn’t in the exact same place as a J then you’ll need to measure your length requirements.  Take the measurement from the center of the flare on each fitting that the hose connects to. 

• Like 1