• 3 months later...

Got these results today

2300 RPM, WOT 100 ROP, 10000 FT, 14.3 GPH, 177 KTAS (OAT of 17 degrees C)

2300 RPM, 22 in, 100 ROP, 8000 FT, 14.8 GPH, 176 KTAS (OAT of 21 degrees C)

at 15.2 GPH ill usually hit 181 to 182 Knots.

I run the limited 244hp engine with the shitty prop.

• Like 1

completely off the subject but you will remember the sky king series. The man who owned that was Bill Campbell.  He was a local gentleman who never gave up on airplanes.  When he died some time back his wife was left with disposing of his goodies.  Huey, lots of 150 parts, engines etc.  Everyone who knew him took advantage of her. She still has all his taped programs and paperwork on ownership.  Completely no value information .....jerry P

• Like 1

On 7/5/2018 at 11:03 PM, Niko182 said:

Got these results today

2300 RPM, WOT 100 ROP, 10000 FT, 14.3 GPH, 177 KTAS (OAT of 17 degrees C)

2300 RPM, 22 in, 100 ROP, 8000 FT, 14.8 GPH, 176 KTAS (OAT of 21 degrees C)

at 15.2 GPH ill usually hit 181 to 182 Knots.

I run the limited 244hp engine with the shitty prop.

The data suggests than your "shitty" two bladed prop does better than my 3 bladed prop in cruise.  (I don't use the added HP in cruise due to  noise, vibration and fuel consumption). 

38 minutes ago, M20S Driver said:

The data suggests than your "shitty" two bladed prop does better than my 3 bladed prop in cruise.  (I don't use the added HP in cruise due to  noise, vibration and fuel consumption). 

I call it the shitty prop because it doesn't really do anything great. takeoff performance is pretty bad, usually requiring more than 2000ft to takeoff at gross. climb is usually around 7 to 900 feet per minute at full weight. doesn't help landing distance, and it weights the same as the 3 blade acclaim prop while having a considerably slower cruise, takeoff roll, climb, and landing roll. its a decent prop, I just call it that as it isn't great for certain places, mostly short strips, which i happen to like to go to.

put it this way. with your 3 blade, you gain

150lbs of useful load
less than half the takeoff distance
shorter landing roll
way better climb

you lose maybe 1 or 2 knots of speed.

and with the acclaim prop, you give up nothing, (except a decent sized hole in your wallet)

Dont forget, your 3 blade has that extra kool factor.

• Like 1

You have the choice of 4 props

Thick, thin, and composite, or the mt 4 blade.

Youre govornor goes from 2400 to 2700rpm. Hp is increased from 244 to 310 hp. Takeoff fuelflow is changed from 23gph to 31gph.

Gross takeoff increases 168 lbs, which usually gives a useful load of 1150lbs. so you practically have a true 4 seater mooney that can seat 4 people,bags, and get some actual distance.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2018 at 6:24 AM, Niko182 said:

You have the choice of 4 props

Thick, thin, and composite, or the mt 4 blade.

Youre govornor goes from 2400 to 2700rpm. Hp is increased from 244 to 310 hp. Takeoff fuelflow is changed from 23gph to 31gph.

Gross takeoff increases 168 lbs, which usually gives a useful load of 1150lbs. so you practically have a true 4 seater mooney that can seat 4 people,bags, and get some actual distance.

You also gain the R’s 100-102 fuel capacity as per the STC  assuming you download the Mooney letter. 

• Like 1