Fast is relative

6 hours ago, Guitarmaster said:

In addition, according to savvy, it's better to do a fast pull through Peak and attack the LOP from the back side..
In other words, pull straight into about 8.5 gallons an hour, set your monitor for ROP and slowly enrichen the mixture until you get the first cylinder that Peaks. Then go lean from there.
Apparently this recommendation was born from seeing fine wire plugs breaking and Tempest coming to the conclusion that pulling through Peak slowly was the cause.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I am a Big Pull guy.  Wife and co-owner don’t like it (eyes rolling). :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Guitarmaster said:

In addition, according to savvy, it's better to do a fast pull through Peak and attack the LOP from the back side..
In other words, pull straight into about 8.5 gallons an hour, set your monitor for ROP and slowly enrichen the mixture until you get the first cylinder that Peaks. Then go lean from there.
Apparently this recommendation was born from seeing fine wire plugs breaking and Tempest coming to the conclusion that pulling through Peak slowly was the cause.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Interesting... sounds suspect but what do I know... Paul? @kortopates

I know this isn't the "Paul" you were asking ;-)

But I would expect this to make some sense if the "big pull" is going right through the red box. But if already at 65% power or below, moving though peak fast or slow shouldn't matter.

• Like 1

I know this isn't the "Paul" you were asking ;-) But I would expect this to make some sense if the "big pull" is going right through the red box. But if already at 65% power or below, moving though peak fast or slow shouldn't matter.

This Paul @gxrpilot has it exactly right. Sorry guys it has nothing to do with plugs but entirely due to minimizing exposure to red box when at power levels at 65% or higher. The big pull simply avoids going though peak for all the cylinders. This way all but one remain on the be LOP side while only the richest peaks.

Hope that clarifies it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3