Reading PA, NJMP Fly In Saturday March 17

201er

@Marauder  sorry you weren’t able to make it  I think I speak for everyone in attendance however thanking you for not sharing the phlegm with the rest of us!

Regarding the Visual Approach, you did see the video I posted with the Visual approach guidance into KWWD right?

[mention=9886]Marauder[/mention]  sorry you weren’t able to make it  I think I speak for everyone in attendance however thanking you for not sharing the phlegm with the rest of us!
Regarding the Visual Approach, you did see the video I posted with the Visual approach guidance into KWWD right?

I think I did. Does it have a close up of the GTN when you load one? That is what I am curious on seeing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ah shit, would've definitely joined had I known. Is there a good place to find out about the next meet up in the area?

Send 201er a PM that you want to be added to the Yahoo group for the NJ Mooney Pilots Group. He will send you the signup info for the group and you’ll be added to the distribution list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Marauder said:

I think I did. Does it have a close up of the GTN when you load one? That is what I am curious on seeing.

The video does show me selecting it, but I did not zoom in.

Essentially a touchscreen button shows up in the bottom left corner that says "Visual Approach" as you get close to your airport.

You touch it, it gives you a list of all your runways at the airport.  You select which runway you are landing on and you get some CYA language that it is for VISUAL APPROACH ONLY that it may not provide adequate clearance from terrain or obstacles.  You acknowledge it.

Then it throws a magenta line out from the runway that provides both horizontal and vertical guidance.  From a pilot perspective it flies just like a GPS or ILS approach.  If your autopilot supports it, you can even fly the visual approach fully coupled.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2018 at 1:23 AM, Marauder said:

Does it have a close up of the GTN when you load one? That is what I am curious on seeing.

Took me a while, but I did a better video of the Visual Approach functions this weekend.

• Like 1