FltPlan Go now supports Garmin ADS-B

toto

This has been available for a few weeks, but I just got an email announcing the feature today.  I'm happy to see that there is now a free app option for displaying Garmin ADS-B (and AHRS) data.  Always seemed absurd to have to pay for a Garmin Pilot (or ForeFlight) subscription just to display the data from your pricey new panel ornament.

FltPlan Adds the Garmin® Connext™ System to its Connectivity Options

Garmin and FltPlan ConnectivityFltPlan is pleased to announce the Garmin Connext System is now part of our growing list of connectivity options. Integration with Garmin Connext is available from the FltPlan Go app for iOS devices. Android compatibility is in development and is expected to be available soon.

With compatible Garmin avionics, pilots can simply create a flight plan on FltPlan.com for transfer to the FltPlan Go app and into select avionics once they arrive at the aircraft. Flight plan transfer capability is available with Flight Stream 510 and Flight Stream 210–equipped aircraft using Garmin 650/750 and 430/530W Series avionics. In addition, flight plans can be transferred to the Garmin Pilot app from FltPlan Go iOS.

FltPlan Go for iOS can receive and display ADS–B traffic, weather, AHRS, and GPS data from the following Garmin products:FltPlan-Garmin-Connectivity-Table-5.png

The integration with Garmin significantly expands connectivity options for FltPlan users, giving them even greater flexibility in choosing the system that works best for their budget and needs. Click here for a complete list of compatible products. 

Learn more about how to connect to Garmin with FltPlan Go.

I’ve been using fltplango with the gdl39 3D for a little while now.  However, on the last two cross country flights, the app crashed a few times enroute.  Adsb display settings have to be toggled to get them to display.  I sent fltplan an email and I’m sure there will be an update.  

• 4 years later...
54 minutes ago, RoundTwo said:

This morning I tried connecting FltPlan Go to a GTX 45. It appeared to attempt, but was never successful. Can you connect direct to the GTX 345, or is FlightStream necessary?

R2

You can connect directly to the GTX345 or a Garmin GDL-XX portable ADS-B in.

1 hour ago, LANCECASPER said:

You can connect directly to the GTX345 or a Garmin GDL-XX portable ADS-B in.

That’s what I thought but when I did, the GPS icon turned green but the Connecting icon remained orange. I’ll try it again and give it more time next time.

R2

1 hour ago, RoundTwo said:

That’s what I thought but when I did, the GPS icon turned green but the Connecting icon remained orange. I’ll try it again and give it more time next time.

R2

You might have to go under bluetooth settings on your device and "forget" the device and then re-connect to the GTX345. Then on FltPlanGo under devices you will have to disconnect an internal GPS if your device has one.

On 3/15/2018 at 9:33 PM, toto said:

This has been available for a few weeks, but I just got an email announcing the feature today.  I'm happy to see that there is now a free app option for displaying Garmin ADS-B (and AHRS) data.  Always seemed absurd to have to pay for a Garmin Pilot (or ForeFlight) subscription just to display the data from your pricey new panel ornament.

FltPlan Adds the Garmin® Connext™ System to its Connectivity Options

Garmin and FltPlan ConnectivityFltPlan is pleased to announce the Garmin Connext System is now part of our growing list of connectivity options. Integration with Garmin Connext is available from the FltPlan Go app for iOS devices. Android compatibility is in development and is expected to be available soon.

With compatible Garmin avionics, pilots can simply create a flight plan on FltPlan.com for transfer to the FltPlan Go app and into select avionics once they arrive at the aircraft. Flight plan transfer capability is available with Flight Stream 510 and Flight Stream 210–equipped aircraft using Garmin 650/750 and 430/530W Series avionics. In addition, flight plans can be transferred to the Garmin Pilot app from FltPlan Go iOS.

FltPlan Go for iOS can receive and display ADS–B traffic, weather, AHRS, and GPS data from the following Garmin products:FltPlan-Garmin-Connectivity-Table-5.png

The integration with Garmin significantly expands connectivity options for FltPlan users, giving them even greater flexibility in choosing the system that works best for their budget and needs. Click here for a complete list of compatible products. 

Learn more about how to connect to Garmin with FltPlan Go.

While i get traffic on fltplan go i do not see an ahrs view. How do you get that to show in fltplan go?

2 hours ago, Will.iam said:

While i get traffic on fltplan go i do not see an ahrs view. How do you get that to show in fltplan go?

Not really sure. I was just basing that comment on the press release, but I haven’t seen an attitude indicator or synthetic vision in FPG. 

On the Connext page, it does show pitch, roll, and heading info. I presume the pitch and roll is coming from AHRS, but that display is not terribly useful for flight. 

https://flttrack.fltplan.com/FltPlanInfo/Garmin_FltPlan_HOW-TO.pdf

6 hours ago, RoundTwo said:

This morning I tried connecting FltPlan Go to a GTX 45. It appeared to attempt, but was never successful. Can you connect direct to the GTX 345, or is FlightStream necessary?

R2

Yep, you can connect to a GTX 345. This is how I’ve used it (without a FlightStream).